Spend the summer with us and we’ll give you a clear insight into Human Resources and the vital part it plays in the success of our firm. You’ll also have the opportunity to start building your skills and the professional network you’ll need for a successful career.
What you can expect
Human Resources supports the firm in managing our most important assets – our people. We deliver industry-leading performance management, training and development, recruiting and diversity initiatives all over the world. By using the best tools and resources, we identify, attract, hire and retain top talent across JPMorgan Chase, generating best-in-class outcomes for our clients and the firm.
The 10-week summer program starts with orientation and training to help you learn more about our history, firm culture and where we’re heading. From there, internships could be in any line of business such as the corporate and investment bank, asset management, commercial bank, consumer and community banking and corporate. Specific roles include compensation, analytics, HR business partners and specialties such as talent and development, recruiting, benefits and HR service delivery. In the process, you’ll learn all about our industry-leading performance management, development, recruitment and diversity initiatives. You’ll also see for yourself just how varied, challenging and intellectually-inspiring a career with us can be.
On-the-job training is only part of what we offer. As well as having your own mentor to advise and support you throughout the program, you’ll be invited to our speaker series and many other interesting events, giving you the opportunity to meet colleagues – including senior leaders –and start building your professional network.
What we are looking for
- You’ll need to have what it takes to thrive in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive, responsive team player who can thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Aptitude for synthesising complex information into simple, compelling messages.
- Demonstrated leadership in a school or community organisation
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. As we are a truly global organisation, a second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous for others
- We are looking for team-players and future leaders with drive, creativity and interpersonal skills. Strong academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
- We recruit from all academic degree disciplines - you do not need a finance degree.
- A well-rounded academic background is essential with a minimum degree grade of 2:1 or European equivalent. Results to date should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication of your predicted grade
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Early applications are recommended as screening will start immediately.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 25/11/2018
Additional job details
J P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package