Our full-time training programme is widely recognised as the best in the business. Our London based graduates start in June or August, when you'll attend the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) training and exams in London. We then fly you to New York to complete our global training programme. You'll return to Europe in August or October to join your assigned team and begin work as an Investment Banking Analyst.
During the six week training, you will learn about our clients, products, services and business practices. Our own professionals and world-class consultants use a variety of interactive learning tools, including case studies, presentations and hands-on modeling sessions. In addition, you’ll be learning along with new colleagues from around the world.
Your training doesn't stop once you return from New York. We view continuous professional development as a key part of our culture and our commitment to you as an employee.
As an Investment Banking Analyst your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing financial valuation, discounted cash flow and multiples-based analyses
- Building and using financial models
- Preparing presentation materials and participating in deal pitches
- Conducting industry and product research
- Executing end-to-end client transactions
What we are looking for
The job requires adaptability and a high level of energy, attention to detail, and the ability to thrive under pressure. You should also enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
Additional requirements include:
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and interpretative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite. A second European language is essential for some roles and beneficial for others
- The confidence and initiative to take on early responsibility and manage your own projects
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
Academic excellence is a must, you must have an expected degree minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent (results to date should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication). There’s no set degree for Investment Bankers; but a demonstrated interest in finance and economics is advantageous.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Early applications are recommended as screening will start immediately.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 25/11/2018
Additional job details
|Location||Johannesburg · London · Stockholm|
J P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package