Put your energy, insight and analytical prowess to work at the heart of J.P. Morgan. Spend the summer in our Investment Banking business, digging into the data that informs our solutions for the world’s preeminent companies. Over ten weeks, you’ll work with senior bankers and clients, develop vital skills and start building your professional network as you get a first look at the biggest deals in Investment Banking.
What you can expect
Our Summer Analyst Programme runs for ten weeks from June to August. The internship starts with a week of intense training provided by J.P. Morgan Investment Bankers and external providers. These sessions will bring you up to speed on our history, the scale and scope of our organisation today and our ambitious plans for tomorrow. Plus we’ll arm you with the technical and practical knowledge you’ll need to make your mark in Investment Banking. Then, get ready to make a real impact on the industry or product group you join.
You’ll be exposed to stimulating work, senior clients and major deals from the get-go while you work with and learn from experienced colleagues. With opportunities across our capital markets, leveraged finance, Merger and Acquisition, Pan-European and UK industry coverage teams you could potentially be involved in all stages of equity and debt transactions - from pitch to closing, analysing company and market data, building detailed financial models and preparing client presentations for M&As and LBOs. You won’t just crunch numbers: your insights you add will contribute to the advice we give our clients.
On-the-job learning is only part of what we offer. You’ll also have your very own mentor and access to tutors to advise and support you through the program. You’ll be meeting colleagues, including senior leaders, from across the firm and building your professional network as well as participating in a whole host of other interesting events. Upon successful completion of the program, you may have the opportunity to join us full-time after graduation.
As an Analyst on our summer programme your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting financial valuation, discounted cash flow and multiples-based analyses
- Building and using financial models
- Preparing presentation materials and participating in deal pitches
- Conducting industry and product research
- Executing client transactions
What we are looking for
Genuine curiosity about the investment banking world is the starting point. We’re looking for adaptable, accurate, enthusiastic students who thrive under pressure and in a team.
Additional requirements include:
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and interpretative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite. A second European language is essential for some roles and beneficial for others
- The confidence and initiative to take on early responsibility and manage your own projects
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. As we are a truly global organisation, a second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous for others
- We are looking for team-players and future leaders with drive, creativity and interpersonal skills
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
To be considered for a place on our summer programme you must be a penultimate-year university student, eligible to start full-time in 2019.
Academic excellence is a must, you must have an expected degree minimum of a 2.1 or equivalent (results to date should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication). There’s no set degree for Investment Bankers; but a demonstrated interest in finance and economics is advantageous.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Early applications are recommended as screening will start immediately.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 25/11/2018
Additional job details
|Location||Europe · London|
J P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package