Be a part of a dynamic team that engineers large-scale, complex and resilient technology solutions that drive our global business. You'll help build and optimise digital applications and systems that support millions of customers, clients and employees worldwide.
What You Can Expect
Here at J.P. Morgan, you’ll be part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. Our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, and innovations in electronic payments, cyber security and cloud development.
This two-year programme is designed to open the door to an accelerated career in technology. It starts with in-depth training, after which you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and sharpen your skill set while working together with colleagues within our consumer, wholesale or corporate businesses.
As a Software Engineer, you will develop innovative solutions that power our clients’ businesses and customers’ lives. You’ll join a team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high-quality software and new products. You’ll update teams and key stakeholders on the progress of what’s being developed. Best of all, you’ll be sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will help build high-performance systems along with our top technologists. You'll engage in the design and development of innovative storage, networking and compute solutions on critical business platforms that have unmatched scale, while building software solutions that automate the firm’s operations.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package.
Over the last 200 years J.P. Morgan has evolved as a business to meet the complex financial needs of some of the world’s largest companies as well as many of the smaller businesses that drive industry change globally and locally. Their team of employees work hard to do the right thing for their clients, shareholders and the firm every day.
J.P Morgan’s strength lies not only in the quality of its products and services, but also within the talent of its employees. Harnessing the diversity of its people, J.P. Morgan values people with different talents, ranging from investment banking to technology, operations and human resources.
Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables our teams to create solutions that will transform the way our clients and customers manage their businesses and money. This commitment to innovation includes ground-breaking partnerships with FinTech companies and Silicon Valley tech firms across big data and analytics, digital banking, cybersecurity, cloud development, data visualisation, and electronic payments projects.
We're looking for highly motivated purpose-driven individuals with a passion for developing technologies with global impact.
J.P. Morgan is looking for future leaders who have passion, creativity and exceptional interpersonal skills. Impeccable academic credentials are important, but so are achievements outside the classroom. Working with a team committed to doing their best, earning the trust of their clients and encouraging employees to fulfil their potential – that’s what it means to be part of J.P. Morgan.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A well-rounded academic background — a minimum 2:1 Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree is required; you should be in your final year of study and be available to start on the graduate programme in September 2018
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and/or MIS majors are preferred — other majors will be considered
- Infrastructure Engineering candidates should have knowledge of one or more of the following: virtualization, cloud computing, networking, storage, information security, database technologies, mobile computing, and operating systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Relevant internship experience and leadership in school or community organisation
- We recruit from all academic degree disciplines - you do not need a finance degree.
- We are looking for team-players and future leaders with drive, creativity and interpersonal skills. Strong academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom.
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. As we are a truly global organisation, a second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous for others
Accepted degree subjects
Dublin · Glasgow · London
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Early applications are recommended as screening will start immediately.
Closing date: 26/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 26/11/2017