Be a part of a dynamic team that engineers large-scale, complex and resilient technology solutions that drive our global business. You'll help build and optimize digital applications and systems that support millions of customers, clients and employees worldwide.
What You Can Expect
Here at J.P. Morgan, you’ll be part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. Our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cyber security and cloud development.
Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to create innovative solutions that will transform the way our clients and customers manage their businesses and money. This commitment to innovation includes ground-breaking partnerships with FinTech companies and Silicon Valley tech firms across big data and analytics, digital banking, cybersecurity, cloud development, data
visualization, and electronic payments projects.
This 10-week summer programme is designed to open the door to an accelerated career in technology. You’ll learn how technology drives the firm’s overall efficiency, improves our risk management and enhances our customer and client experiences. This programme will offer you hands-on experience, one-on-one mentoring, access to senior business leaders and the opportunity to meet colleagues and peers as you build your network. You’ll start the programme with an in-depth orientation to our innovation strategies, products and systems, and technology community. After that, you’ll join a software engineering or Infrastructure engineering team within our consumer, wholesale or corporate businesses.
As a Software Engineer, you will develop innovative solutions that power our clients’ businesses and customers’ lives. You’ll join a team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high-quality software and new products. You’ll update teams and key stakeholders on the progress of what’s being developed. Best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will help build high-performance systems along with our top technologists. You'll engage in the design and development of innovative storage, networking and compute solutions on critical business platforms with unmatched scale, while building software that automates the firm’s operations.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Our teams have a clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns with leadership positions in America, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan.
Over the last 200 years J.P. Morgan has evolved as a business to meet the complex financial needs of some of the world’s largest companies as well as many of the smaller businesses that drive industry change globally and locally. Their team of employees work hard to do the right thing for their clients, shareholders and the firm every day.
J.P Morgan’s strength lies not only in the quality of its products and services, but also within the talent of its employees. Harnessing the diversity of its people, J.P. Morgan values people with different talents, ranging from Investment Banking to Technology, Operations and Human Resources.
J.P. Morgan is looking for future leaders who have passion, creativity and exceptional interpersonal skills. Impeccable academic credentials are important, but so are achievements outside the classroom. Working with a team committed to doing their best, earning the trust of their clients and encouraging employees to fulfil their potential – that’s what it means to be part of J.P. Morgan.
- We are looking for team-players and future leaders with drive, creativity and interpersonal skills. Strong academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom.
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. As we are a truly global organisation, a second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous for others.
Qualifications and experience requirements
We're looking for highly motivated purpose-driven individuals with a passion for developing technologies with global impact.
- We recruit from all academic degree disciplines - you do not need a finance degree
- A well rounded academic background, a minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree is required; you should be in your penultimate year of study and be available to start on the graduate programme in September 2019 (second year results should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication)
- Computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering and/or MIS majors are preferred other majors will be considered
- Infrastructure engineering candidates should have knowledge of one or more of the following: virtualisation, cloud computing, networking, storage, information security, database technologies, mobile computing, and operating systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced collaborative environment
Accepted degree subjects
Bournemouth · Dublin · Geneva · Glasgow · London
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Early applications are recommended as screening will start immediately.
Closing date: 26/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 26/11/2017