If you are curious about running a global business, fascinated by wealth management and ready to develop your career, we are looking for you. In our Wealth Management Analyst Programme, you will make meaningful contributions to our business and build expertise as you start your career.
What you can expect
As part of our leading global client franchise in Asset and Wealth Management, Wealth Management is more than just money management. We build teams of professionals around each client to understand his or her unique needs and provide solutions to help meet financial goals.
Full time Analyst Programme
You will be part of a three-year analyst programme designed to provide exposure to multiple business areas within Wealth Management through training, development, and networking. At the end of the three-year programme, we envisage top performing Analysts will have the opportunity to progress to associate level by participating in an assessment centre. Promotional opportunities within J.P. Morgan are based on our business needs and your performance.
Opportunities by Role
At J.P. Morgan Wealth Management, you will work with top-tier professionals to help the world’s wealthiest individuals, families, foundations and endowments to grow, manage and sustain their wealth. As an Analyst, you will work as part of an integrated team to deliver personalized and comprehensive financial solutions across every facet of wealth management to our clients. As a part of the Analyst Programme, you will specialise in one of the following roles on the Wealth Management team:
- Banker Analysts support senior bankers to oversee private client relationships by providing strategic advice based on each client’s wealth objectives. They provide access to specialists and manage clients’ investment portfolios. Bankers are also involved in prospecting and acquiring new clients. Banker Analysts will become comfortable speaking about our entire range of investment management and brokerage products, and you will learn to act as the client’s trusted adviser.
- Investor Analysts support a team of global investment specialists to provide advisory services and implementation of client investment needs. They are involved with managing complex client accounts by providing clients with global research, investment advice, products and trade execution. Senior Investors also play a critical role in business development efforts. Investor Analysts will become proficient in providing transaction advice and executing functions across a wide range of financial products and investment solutions.
- Capital Advisor Analysts support the Capital Advisory team to develop credit solutions to assist clients in financing or extracting liquidity from single stock positions, properties, aircrafts and other illiquid assets. They will be responsible for deal structuring and execution, and get heavily involved with analysis, due diligence, preparing credit proposals, negotiating credit documentation and performing annual reviews.
- Solutions Analysts work with investment professionals who are dedicated to structuring creative and opportunistic investment ideas to meet clients’ portfolio objectives across all asset classes. We have specialists responsible for developing our market strategy, alternative investments, fixed income, equities, FX and commodities. Solutions Analysts will get involved with conducting research and analysis, using our proprietary models, assist with product development and portfolio construction.
Naturally, you will learn a huge amount on the job, with a supportive team to encourage your growth. Along the way, you will complete interactive learning and development modules on topics including presentation skills, market and product knowledge, and personal branding. On completion of the programme, we will work with you to identify a permanent role, the first of many in your career at J.P. Morgan.
Over the last 200 years J.P. Morgan has evolved as a business to meet the complex financial needs of some of the world’s largest companies as well as many of the smaller businesses that drive industry change globally and locally. Their team of employees work hard to do the right thing for their clients, shareholders and the firm every day.
J.P Morgan’s strength lies not only in the quality of its products and services, but also within the talent of its employees. Harnessing the diversity of its people, J.P. Morgan values people with different talents, ranging from investment banking to technology, operations and human resources.
Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables our teams to create solutions that will transform the way our clients and customers manage their businesses and money. This commitment to innovation includes ground-breaking partnerships with FinTech companies and Silicon Valley tech firms across big data and analytics, digital banking, cybersecurity, cloud development, data visualisation, and electronic payments projects.
Because these roles are about both analysing complex financial situations and presenting solutions, you will need a unique blend of interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
Other specific requirements include:
- Superior multitasking and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Initiative and the confidence to complete projects with limited supervision.
- Highly inquisitive and focused.
- Superior analytical skills – both quantitative and qualitative.
- Genuine interest in our industry, financial markets and macro-level economic trends.
- A collaborative style with the ability to work well as an integral member of a team.
- Good judgment and discretion when working with confidential information. .
Beyond these requirements, we are most interested in the things that make you unique: personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could make on the team.
J.P. Morgan is looking for future leaders who have passion, creativity and exceptional interpersonal skills. Impeccable academic credentials are important, but so are achievements outside the classroom. Working with a team committed to doing their best, earning the trust of their clients and encouraging employees to fulfil their potential – that’s what it means to be part of J.P. Morgan.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- We recruit from all academic degree disciplines - you do not need a finance degree.
- We are looking for team-players and future leaders with drive, creativity and interpersonal skills. Strong academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom.
- You must have an expected degree minimum of a 2:1 or European equivalent (second year results should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication).
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. As we are a truly global organisation, a second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous for others.
Accepted degree subjects
Europe · London
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Early applications are recommended as screening will start immediately.
Closing date: 26/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 26/11/2017