Do you want to work in a fast moving business, with ethics and compliance at its heart?
You'll be working alongside some of the biggest retail brands, designers, charities and institutions. You'll get to work on and drive your own reusable projects that help reduce plastic usage, raise money for charity, and promote good causes, taking ownership and responsibility of the whole process.
We're looking to recruit a number of outstanding candidates. In this role you'll get to experience all aspects of our business, understanding how your role impacts all areas, working closely with your Director level mentor team, on developing your skills.
You'll be responsible for working with existing customers on new projects, developing your own projects with new customers, both here in the UK and overseas, as we look to use our position in the market to expand and grow the market.
From the day Jutexpo was founded, we've been at the forefront of the ongoing mission to reduce the number of plastic bags being used, and to encourage a more sustainable approach with our ethically produced reusable bags. We are the largest supplier of this type of product in the UK, and we have exciting growth and expansion planned.
We've supplied over 75m of our ethically produced jute, juco and cotton bags, to the UK Supermarkets and Retailers, including Tesco, Sainsbury, Waitrose, the Royal British Legion, National Trust, and many charities, and independent retailers. No matter where you shop, you'll have seen and used our products, and we are looking to expand our business into new products, all the while keeping that core ethos of making a difference.
As an example of our way of working, our partnership with the Royal British Legion, for example, has helped raise over £1m for the charity through retail partnerships and their online store, helping to remove millions of plastic bags from landfill, all whilst promoting the great work of the RBL. It is this type of innovative project that we are looking for our candidates to develop, alongside sustainable retail partnerships.
- Ideal candidates should have excellent analysis skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
Alongside the requirements listed below, if you have European language skills – particularly Italian, German, Spanish and French – that would be great. And if you’ve lived and worked in Europe, even better. In a business like ours, these are great assets to have
- Great communication skills
- Sharp commercial thinking and a head for numbers
- Creative, flexible thinking
- An ability to spot opportunities
- Lots of drive and determination
- Motivation to work as part of a team
- This role is only open to candidates eligible to work in the UK and the right to work in the UK for three years from employment start date.
- We are looking for applicants who have a keen interest this field, are quick learners, a team player and a talented organiser who is good at building relationships and focused on achieving results. Strong commercial acumen, good influencing skills and the ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes are also vital.
Qualifications and experience requirements
We are particularly interested in attracting applications from individuals who have a good honours degree (2:1 or above) in any discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 22/03/2018