Kick start your career with a 2017 Sunday Times Top 100 Company and 2016 Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award Winner – Best Place to Work. Be part of a Placement programme where you will be celebrated for who you are, the unique point of view and personality you bring to our business.
We’re looking for top-class undergraduate students who are enthusiastic, inquisitive and strong team players to join our business in July 2018 for 12 months.
Begin your journey by applying for our placement programme and join our assessment day on Tuesday 28 November at our Hanger Lane offices.
What your day-to-day role with us would include:
- Gain exposure to the £100+ billion UK grocery market and grow first hand your FMCG industry knowledge.
- Develop your analytical ability to build stories for our clients that inspire them to make successful decisions using our market leading panel data.
- Build your FMCG network through meeting your client contacts, building a strong relationship with them to understand and answer their key business questions.
- Join an ambitious and growing company getting to know your team and colleagues across our business to deliver fantastic work along the way.
- Learning to use our tools and solutions to analyse data, develop insight and create presentations that communicate our point of view and advice.
Why Kantar Worldpanel:
We offer to all our placement students:
- Incomparable commercial exposure – our placements have delivered their points of view to some of the biggest brand names out there (as well as many others of course!).
- An industry leading induction programme where you will have the chance to learn more about our culture and become confident to hit the ground running.
- Opportunity to present your thinking, experiences and potential to the senior management team supporting you with your ongoing development and progression.
- An opportunity to secure a graduate role by the time you return to university. Many of our former placements have gone onto senior positions within the business.
- Fantastic working culture and environment - brand new colourful and agile working zone with break out spaces, beanbags and hammocks.
- 25 days holiday (increasing with length of service).
- Core company benefits – income protection, life assurance, private medical and pension.
- A comprehensive and award winning flexible benefits offering.
- Extra benefits – birthday day off, Friday 4pm finish, free breakfast on a Friday and daily free fruit!
- Kantar socials – A wide variety of paid for socials throughout your year such as black tie dinners at Christmas, getting creative for our annual video awards or exploring the latest “trendy” east London experience with your team.
Kantar Worldpanel is the global expert in shoppers’ behaviour.
Through continuous monitoring, advanced analytics and tailored solutions, Kantar Worldpanel inspires successful decisions by brand owners, retailers, market analysts and government organisations globally.
With over 60 years’ experience, a team of 3,500, and services covering 60 countries directly or through partners, Kantar Worldpanel turns purchase behaviour into competitive advantage in markets as diverse as FMCG, impulse products, fashion, baby, telecommunications and entertainment, among many others.
We are increasingly recognised as a company that prioritises its people, focussing on successful careers and workplace cultures (recognised as an employer of choice in the UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Mexico, Brazil and Greater China). Just as our clients are at the centre of everything we do, our people are the foundation and we have the same levels of passion and commitment to them and their careers with us. Don’t take our word for it - you can check out our Glassdoor profile to see for yourself!
Kantar is one of the world’s leading data, insight and consultancy companies. Working together across the whole spectrum of research and consulting disciplines, its specialist brands, employing 30,000 people, provide inspirational insights and business strategies for clients in 100 countries. Kantar is part of WPP and its services are employed by over half of the Fortune Top 500 companies.
The nearest station to our office is Hanger Lane Station on the Central Line, which is only a five minute walk away. Park Royal on the Piccadilly Line is also reasonably nearby, located within 15 minutes walking distance.
- An engaging communication style with a genuine curiosity and enthusiasm for understanding the markets our clients operate in
- A desire to share ideas with your team and contribute to the overall team objectives
- An interest in data and numbers
- A fascination for consumers, how they behave and the choices they make
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- On track for a 2:2 or above at university
- Be a current student in a course with an option to do a 'year in industry' (second year in a three year course or third year in a four year course)
- 280 UCAS points
- Grade B or above for maths and English at GSCE
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Our selection process aims to match the best candidate to our placement programme. We do this by assessing your abilities using a variety of tools throughout our recruitment process.
You can expect to complete an online test, be available for a telephone interview and have the time to attend our assessment day.
The assessment day has two main purposes:
- Give you the opportunity to better understand our business, the role of a placement and meet some of our people
- For you to showcase who you are and what you can bring to our team.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 06/01/2018