The analyst will prepare written reports addressing specific research questions that help our clients deliver more effective marketing campaigns and reputational management. Specific tasks include:
- Analysing research findings, using analytical, numerical and IT skills to gain insight from raw information, while exercising creative judgement to see beyond the numbers
- Drawing out key positive and negative stories, patterns and trends from data
- Completing written reports which summarise coverage accurately and concisely
- Compiling new data by reading and evaluating media coverage
- Ensuring clients’ reports are completed by the deadline, which is usually monthly or quarterly
- Quality assurance: checking data before processing, and proof-reading reports written by other analysts
- Developing an understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Building market and sector knowledge and expertise, for example by reading relevant press, and keeping up to date with developments
This is an entry-level role, to provide maternity cover for 12 months and to start immediately. We advertise throughout the year so if you are still studying and not yet available, please look out for our next ad in a couple of months.
What we are looking for
Experience in analysing and summarising written material and/or data, data and/or written material. An interest in media and an enquiring mind will stand you in good stead for this role.
- Impeccable written English, with strong report writing experience or evidence of writing skills developed elsewhere
- Proven analytical ability
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills and ability to liaise with other teams and partner agencies
- Numerical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work to a high standard under pressure
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Foreign language skills. Preferred languages are major European, Japanese, Mandarin, Cantonese and Arabic
- Experience of descriptive statistics, statistical packages, querying languages, statistical programming languages, or business intelligence packages would be an advantage.
You will be educated to degree-level.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Apply online with your CV and a letter explaining how you fit the bill
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
£19,501 - £24,500
Package of benefits including pension