Stand out from the crowd by bettering your skills and experience, and doing it all overseas for an organization that works only in sustainable, ethical, and responsible travel.
Internships are now commonplace, and can be a fantastic way to boost a resume, job or college application. But instead of getting coffee or doing the filing for a massive company - why not offer your skills to a grassroots project in a developing country?
Kaya Responsible Travel enables students, graduates, and career breakers to gain fully hands-on experience, while benefiting the local community of the project. Kaya works with projects throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America, on a vast array of academic fields.
Whether you are looking to complete an elective, carry out a research project, or gain experience to further (or start) your career, we can help.
These structured internship placements have clear learning goals and regular monitoring and feedback from an experienced supervisor. Upon completion you will receive a completion certificate, and Kaya can communicate with your university or employer if you are undertaking the internship whilst in education or employment. The internships have 24hr support staff on the ground, airport pick up and drop off, accommodation and meals.
What areas can I work in?
- Animal sciences and wildlife
- Business, media and communications
- Computer sciences and information technology and communication
- Creative arts
- Environmental sciences and conservation
- Health and well-being
- International development and sustainability
- Kinesiology, physical therapy, and sports development
- Social and behavioural sciences and culture
- Sustainable agriculture and food security
Don’t see the subject area you are interested in? Get in touch with an advisor today, let us know your requirements, and we will help match you to the perfect placement.
How long does the internship last?
Internships generally are at least four weeks long, with regular start dates throughout the year. If you are able to stay for longer, we always encourage this. Speak to us today about your availability.
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Worldwide · Australia, Belize, Bolivia, Borneo, Botswana, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, New Zealand, Peru, Philippines, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Thailand, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Placement fees apply
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment