Volunteering abroad has seen a huge surge in popularity in the last couple of years with travellers now wanting to go off the beaten track and see experience the authentic cultures of the places they visit. Volunteering is a great way of doing this as it means you meet local people, learn about the issues facing them and their environments, and do your bit to help out while you visit.
With ten years experience, and a large breadth of projects, our expert team can match you to the perfect project to suit your passions. If you currently studying and looking for some work experience, volunteering abroad is a great way to make your CV stand out. Not only can you join a subject specific placement, the skills you will learn and develop while working and living abroad will really set you apart from the crowd. Or maybe you’re looking to follow your passions, or try something new? With our range of community and environmental based projects you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Don’t just be a tourist this year. Meet real people, and make a real difference with Kaya Responsible Travel.
Where can I volunteer abroad?
We offer projects in:
- Latin America - Belize, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Peru and Brazil.
- Africa - Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Asia-Pacific - Australia, Borney, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Nepal, New Zealand, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.
What types of volunteer abroad projects do you offer?
- Community projects - building, childcare, community, sports and women's empowerment
- Healthcare - clinical, nutrition, public health and therapy
- Business - finance, marketing and social, media and journalism, NGO development
- Conservation - animal wildlife, environmental conservation, marine conservation
- Education - adult, child, special needs education
- Arts - creative arts, film and photography, music and dance
How long can I volunteer for?
Kaya projects are available to join all year round and you can usually join from upwards of two weeks (we do have some one-week placements, if you are interested in a shorter term placement speak to a member of the team!). If you already have travel plans why not add in some volunteering while you’re there? Or join projects together if you want to visit some different locations? We also offer comprehensive gap year options if you really want to make the most of your time abroad!
How old do I have to be to volunteer abroad?
If you want to volunteer as an individual and are over 18 you are able to join any Kaya project. If you are 16 or 17 years old we have projects specifically tailored to you, speak to an advisor today to find your options or check the under-18s section part of our website. If you are under 16 but want to volunteer with someone over 18 we have a range of projects you can join.
We want to make volunteering abroad as accessible as possible for as many people as possible. So let us know your circumstances and we can match you to a project.
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Worldwide · Australia, Belize, Bolivia, Borneo, Botswana, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, New Zealand, Peru, Philippines, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Thailand, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Placement fees apply
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 1 November 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment