Volunteering abroad has seen a huge surge in popularity. Travellers now want to go off the beaten track and to experience the authentic cultures of the places they visit. Volunteering is the perfect way to travel, you get to make a difference to a community, and to give back to the world whilst you take on life-changing adventures. By immersing yourself in a community, you will make incredible friends, and learn about the issues facing them and their environments.
With ten years experience, and a wide breadth of projects, Kaya Responsible Travel’s expert team will you to the project that you are right for. Whether you are looking to embark on a career, better your skills, expand your CV, or you just want to get your hands dirty and make a difference - there is a volunteer project for everyone.
Not only can you join a subject specific placement, the skills you will learn and develop while working and living abroad will really set you apart from the crowd. Or maybe you’re looking to follow your passions, or try something new? With our range of community and environmental based projects you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Don’t just be an onlooker on your travels this year. Eat, sleep, dance, and explore a culture that you have never experienced before. You can make a real difference with Kaya Responsible Travel.
Where can I volunteer abroad?
We offer projects in:
- Latin America - Belize, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Jamaica, Peru and Brazil.
- Africa - Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Eswatini, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Asia-Pacific - Australia, Borneo, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Nepal, New Zealand, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.
What types of volunteer abroad projects do you offer?
- Comm unity projects - building, childcare, community, sports, and women's empowerment
- Healthcare - clinical, nutrition, public health and therapy
- Business - finance, marketing and social, media and journalism, NGO development
- Conservation - animal wildlife, environmental conservation, marine conservation
- Education - adult, child, special needs education
- Arts - creative arts, film and photography, music and dance
How long can I volunteer for?
Kaya projects are available to join all year round, and you can usually join from upwards of two weeks (we do have some one-week placements, if you are interested in a shorter term placement speak to a member of the team).
Kaya can put together a fully customized itinerary of volunteering to suit your travel plans. Kaya offers comprehensive gap year options for those who truly want to make the most of their adventures abroad.
How old do I have to be to volunteer abroad?
If you want to volunteer as an individual and are over 18, you are able to join any Kaya project. If you are 16 or 17 years old we have projects specifically tailored to you. Speak to an advisor today to find out your options. Otherwise check the under-18s section of our website. If you are under 16 but want to volunteer with someone over 18 we have a range of projects you can join. We accomodate families, groups, and over 50s too. There is no limit. If you want to volunteer - Kaya will make it happen.
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Worldwide · Australia, Belize, Bolivia, Borneo, Botswana, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, New Zealand, Peru, Philippines, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Thailand, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Placement fees apply
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment