Are you looking to begin your career as a Graduate Development Surveyor whilst gaining practical on-the-job experience? Over the course of your two-year Graduate Programme you will receive the technical training and personal development needed to excel in your role. We offer unique career progression prospects and the training and development we offer are unparalleled. Joining us as a graduate or undergraduate is a proper job with real responsibilities.
Your role as a Graduate Development Surveyor in the Southern Development Team will include the following:
- Assist Development Managers with the acquisition of new opportunities and provide support in managing development schemes.
- Be immersed into the property development process to assist in managing multi sector developments from inception to completion.
- Assist with sourcing land and development opportunities.
- Gain in-depth experience in land acquisition, master planning, funding, marketing and letting and the various forms of investment sales.
- Assist the team in the completion of a pre-purchase checklist and management of a risk register arising from the pre-site investigation.
- Attend site inspections/site progress meetings with Project Managers and Development Managers.
- Manage all aspects of development projects from inception to completion and assisting Development Managers with day to day issues.
- Manage bid documents and acquisition/disposal Board reports.
- Assist with negotiating and fulfilling legal agreements relating to the development i.e. S106, S278, S104, easements, wayleaves and leases etc.
- Managing development appraisals.
- Assist with the delivery of the scheme exit strategy for development sales.
- Manage the marketing and lettings process of development projects.
- In addition to the working within the core Kier Property team, you will benefit from rotations within the mixed use &and regeneration and Network Rail joint-venture teams in Kier Property to ensure you obtain the breadth of experience required to complete your APC in the commercial property or planning and development pathways.
What you’ll receive and achieve
- A committed and structured two-year APC programme
- Assigned an APC Supervisor and Counsellor from your first day, who will support you during the APC programme.
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Effectively establish, manage and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with agents and occupiers.
- Highly competitive salary
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ plus eight bank holidays
- Kier Awards –be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’
- Kier Rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
What we are looking for
We look for those who embody our company ethos and have a keen interest in Property Development.
Academically, you’ll have completed your degree (or about to) and are on course to achieve a 2.1 or above with a RICS accredited degree in real estate, property, development or urban planning related programmes.
Accepted degree subjects
- planning and surveying
How to apply
We are excited to receive your application so please review our roles and apply online as soon as possible. Our recruiters take the time and effort to read through each application thoroughly and appreciate your interest in our opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details