We are currently recruiting talented undergraduate students seeking a 12 month Communications Industrial Placement within our Regional Building London team to start in August 2019.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Communications Business Partner (CBP) in the delivery of Kier Construction London’s (KCL) communication plan.
- Ensure that all communications, internal and external, adhere to brand, style and messaging guidelines and represent Kier values.
- Prepare and circulate basic newsflashes and support the CBP in the preparation and circulation of more in depth Newsflashes and the Company Newsletter.
- Co-ordinate the photographic needs of the business.
- Assist in the preparation of large presentations.
- Prepare and circulate KCL’s contributions to various Kier social media channels.
- Prepare, monitor and maintain an up to date communications calendar.
- Prepare and circulate material for our electronic notice boards on site and in our offices.
- Provide HR with communication support during the new starter on-boarding process.
- Provide business development support by sourcing material for project completion case studies.
- Liaise with the CBP in respect of external articles and press coverage. Source relevant material as and when needed.
- Assist in the collation of information for the production of Awards entries.
What you’ll receive and achieve
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- A commitment to support a reasonable work life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
What we are looking for
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
- The ability to think on your feet and 'roll up your sleeves' when needed
- Work proactively with a keen interest in devolving their careers within the Industry
- Live the Kier values, collaborative, forward thinking and enthusiastic
- Academically you’ll on course to achieve a 2.1 or above on an English, marketing, communications, media journalism related programme
- You should be required to complete a 12 month Industrial Placement as part of your degree
Accepted degree subjects
- marketing and advertising studies
- business and management studies
- media studies and publishing
How to apply
We are excited to receive your application so please review our roles and apply online as soon as possible. Our recruiters take the time and effort to read through each application thoroughly and appreciate your interest in our opportunities.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20/12/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Location||Laughton · London|