We seek enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking Industrial Placements to join us on their year in industry.
Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
We are looking for an organised, positive and dedicated individual who has a strong desire to develop their administration skills. You will be working in a management team, assisting with document controlling and general office duties. Preferably you will have some experience within administration, however this is not necessary as full training will be given.
- Data entry into the database and other computer systems
- Recording of registers
- Keeping records of permits
- Recording of Sub-contractor hours
- Organising meeting room schedules
- Entering records of staff and workforce training attendance
- Stationery and material ordering
What you’ll receive and achieve:
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- A commitment to support a reasonable work life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Let’s shape your world together.
What we are looking for
What you need to qualify:
- We look for those who embody our company ethos
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Organisational skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Live the Kier values, collaborative, forward thinking and enthusiastic
- Academically you’ll on course to achieve a 2:2 or above on a business-related programme
- You should be required to complete a 12-month industrial placement as part of your degree
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 24/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details