We seek enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates to join us on our esteemed Graduate Development Programme.
Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
Where you’ll work
You’ll have the opportunity to work within our Highways business development team, based in Manchester, who provide the business with support on future strategy, market research and tendering for large and long-term highway design, management, maintenance and construction contracts.
What you’ll do
As a member of the BD Team you will gain an understanding of local and central government procurement processes and of the preparation and submission of complex tenders. You’ll work alongside and be mentored by strategic and operational business development and work winning professionals, including market research, commercial and legal, estimating and bid tender proposal writing. You will be involved in market research and analysis of industry sectors, prospective clients and competitors and in the maintenance of knowledge management databases. You’ll learn key skills including business planning, business analysis, procurement and contract law and practice, project management, estimation, presentation and managerial techniques. From there you’ll have the chance to continue your career path with Kier in your chosen discipline.
What you’ll receive and achieve:
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Highly competitive salary
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ plus eight bank holidays
- Kier awards –be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’
- Kier rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
What we are looking for
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2:1 or above in an engineering, English or business related discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/05/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details