Where you’ll work:
Kier Infrastructure is the civil engineering arm of Kier Group, delivering projects nationally. We have delivered our clients' complex projects for more than 50 years, and our expertise has helped us to complete many major energy and waste projects, notably across energy, government and commercial marine projects, nuclear, rail design and signalling, and water treatment and distribution systems.
About the rail business Unit:
You will be working in a successful and growing team, carrying out works in and around the railway including civils, signalling and power. Projects are typically small (£0.5-15m), dynamic and fast moving, providing a great training ground for early careers development. The work we are recruiting for is predominantly based in the South East region. You will be joining a successful, supportive and hardworking team that takes great pride in doing things right.
What you’ll receive and achieve:
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Support in achieving chartership with the relevant professional body for your discipline
- Highly competitive salary and company car
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ plus eight bank holidays
- Kier awards – be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘rising star’
- Kier rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
Kier Group is the UK’s leading construction business, shaping your world for a sustainable and positive future within the built environment. We seek enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates to join us on our esteemed graduate development programme.
Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
You will be site based, but you may also be required to spend some time in an office. You will be collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. Other required attributes include being self-motivated, willing and diligent. You need to be able to communicate well, and willing to travel and spend some time away from home. We will tailor your development to suit your requirements and aspirations and offer support in attaining chartership with the ICE to include mentorship from chartered engineers, and practising Reviewers.
Qualifications and experience requirements
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2:2 or above on a civil engineering, signalling, electrical-related programme and must be accredited by a professional body.
Accepted degree subjects
electronic and electrical engineering · civil engineering and construction
South East England
How to apply
Closing date: 15/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 15/02/2018