We seek enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates to join us on our esteemed Graduate Development Programme.
Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
Where you’ll work
Kier is working in collaboration working with Highways England to deliver multiple Smart Motorways schemes across the UK, converting hard shoulders in to running lanes and installing sensors and signs to monitor and manage traffic flow so as to improve journey times in areas suffering from congestion.
What you’ll do
You’ll plan, design and support construction and maintenance of infrastructure, aiming to improve and protect the environment in which we live. Responsibilities will include site investigations, liaising with clients and subcontractors as well as internal Kier teams, manage budgets and resources and ensure projects run to health and safety, sustainability and legal requirements.
What you’ll receive and achieve
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Support in achieving Chartership with the relevant professional body for your discipline
- Highly competitive salary and company car
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ plus eight bank holidays
- Kier awards –be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’
- Kier rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
Make the journey. Leave a legacy
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Let’s shape your world together.
What we are looking for
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2:1 or above on a civil engineering -related programme and must be accredited by a professional body.
Accepted degree subjects
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Location||Maidstone, Stafford, Surrey|
|Additional location information||M6 Junctions 13-15, Stafford – Doxy, M23 Junctions 8-10, Godstone, and M20 Junctions 3-5, Maidstone|