Have you thought about being a Construction Manager but haven’t studied a relevant degree? As part of our Graduate Programme, we offer MSc conversion programmes for those with a degree in mathematics, science and business related subjects.
Your role as a Graduate Construction Manager will include the following:
- You’ll be as signed responsibility for a project section or work package, where you’ll manage on-site health and safety and quality, and the establishment and use of environmental restrictions.
- The role will include liaising with third parties such as councils and utilities, managing subcontractors, and reporting on the project’s progress.
- Kier Building UK covers commercial, education, defence, custodial, leisure and retail including government programmes, large healthcare and multi-sector frameworks, with values ranging from £100k refurbishments to £200m Major Projects. Striving for growt h, future areas for Building UK include the aviation, industrial and science and technology sectors.
We have offices and projects throughout the UK so you will need to be flexible and mobile as travel will be required in the role as well as potential rotations. Travel will open you up to varied experiences and is a great way for you to gain broad knowledge and practical skills during the two-year graduate programme. Our mentors and buddies will offer you support through the programme and share their knowledge with you.
Let’s shape your world together
What you’ll receive and achieve:
- National Graduate Induction
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- Tailored business orientation
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Support in achieving Chartership with the relevant professional body for your discipline
- Highly competitive salary
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ plus eight bank holidays
- Company car dependent on role requirement.
- Kier Awards – be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’!
- Kier Rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
What we are looking for
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to) in mathematics, science or business related subjects and are on course to achieve a 2.1 or above.
Accepted degree subjects
- biology and life sciences
- business and management studies
- civil engineering and construction
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
We are excited to receive your application so please review our roles and apply online as soon as possible. Our recruiters take the time and effort to read through each application thoroughly and appreciate your interest in our opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 May 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment