Kier Professional Services.
Are you looking to begin your career as a Design Engineer whilst gaining practical on-the-job experience? Over the course of your two-year Graduate Programme you will receive the technical training and personal development needed to excel in your role. We offer unique career progression prospects and the training and development we offer are unparalleled. Joining us as a graduate or undergraduate is a proper job with real responsibilities.
Your role as a Design Engineer with KPS will include the following:
- Working predominantly in the design office, you will also get the opportunity to work on site to support the construction teams and gain a broad range of experience
- You will be working on temporary and permanent works designs, providing solutions to technical challenges across Kier Group
- You will have access to a range of cutting-edge design and drawing software, as well as support from professional engineers, to assist in reaching the best solutions
We have seven KPS offices throughout the UK and whilst you will be based in one of these primarily you will need to be flexible and mobile as travel will be required in the role; there is an opportunity to gain experience through rotations and you will get out and about to sites as well. This will open you up to varied experiences and is a great way for you to gain broad knowledge and practical skills during the two-year graduate programme. Our mentors and buddies will offer you support through the programme and share their knowledge with you.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy. Let’s shape your world together.
What you’ll receive and achieve:
- National Graduate Induction
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular reviews
- Tailored business orientation
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Support in achieving Chartership with the relevant professional body for your discipline
- Highly competitive salary
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ plus eight bank holidays
- Company car dependent on role requirement.
- Kier awards –be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’
- Kier rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
What we are looking for
We look for those who embody our company ethos.
Academically you’ll have completed your masters degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2:1 or above on a civil, structural, mechanical or electrical engineering programme.
Accepted degree subjects
- mechanical engineering
- electronic and electrical engineering
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
We are excited to receive your application so please review our roles and apply online as soon as possible. Our recruiters take the time and effort to read through each application thoroughly and appreciate your interest in our opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/05/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31/05/2019
Additional job details
|Location||Bedfordshire · Birmingham · Bristol · Leeds · Manchester · Norwich|
|Additional location information||Speke|