Kier Group is the UK’s leading construction business, shaping your world for a sustainable and positive future within the built environment. We seek enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates to join us on our esteemed Graduate Development Programme.
Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
Where you’ll work:
Kier Building UK covers commercial, education, defence, custodial, leisure and retail including government programmes, large healthcare and multi-sector frameworks, with values ranging from £100k refurbishments to £200m Major Projects. Striving for growth, future areas for Building UK include the aviation, industrial and science and technology sectors.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be involved in working collaboratively with the Kier tender teams, project teams, clients and designers, subcontractors, suppliers, and other relevant third parties. Responsibilities will include liaising with designers, reviewing designs, making site visits and inspections, preparing briefs for investigations, surveys and monitoring.
What you’ll receive and achieve:
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Support in achieving Chartership with the relevant professional body for your discipline
- Highly competitive salary and company car
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ plua eight bank holidays
- Kier awards –be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’!
- Kier rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together
Qualifications and experience requirements
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2.2 or above on an architectural engineering and design management related programme and must be accredited by a professional body.
Accepted degree subjects
civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017