We’re recruiting enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates who are ready to start their career in property development.
We are seeking an enthusiastic graduate to join our southern development team, specialising in commercial development and investment. This is a highly varied role and you will gain experience in managing development projects from inception to completion. The individual will assist development managers with the acquisition of new opportunities and will provide support in managing development schemes. The candidate will be encouraged to work towards managing and leading their own project.
Typical duties include:
- Assist the development team in the evaluation and acquisition of sites
- Appraising opportunities including the management of the development appraisal throughout the bidding process
- Managing the financial quarterly review process - ensuring project appraisals are updated accurately and forecast within the agreed timeframes
- Assist the team in the completion of a pre-purchase checklist and management of a risk register arising from the pre-site investigation
- Attend site inspections/site progress meetings with project managers and development managers
- Manage all aspects of development projects from inception to completion and assisting development managers with day to day issues
- Manage bid documents and acquisition/disposal board reports
- Assist with the delivery of the scheme exit strategy for development sales
- Manage the marketing and lettings process of development projects
What we’re looking for
As well as the ability to work as part of a collaborative team, you’ll need excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and to be able to develop strong client and internal relationships. We want to work with people who are proactive, and very keen to develop their career in the industry.
In return, we’ll help you build your career and give you plenty of opportunities to develop and achieve your ambitions.
What you’ll get:
- A competitive salary
- A company car
- Life assurance
- Membership of our pension scheme
- Share options
- 26 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Kier’s industry-renowned Graduate Development Programme
- Support in achieving chartership with the RICS, CIOB or similar relevant body.
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 25,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer.
Qualifications and experience requirements
You will need at least a 2:1 RICS accredited degree in the following, or you’re in your final year and on track to achieve one.
- Building surveying
- Real estate
- Real estate management
- Real estate surveying
- Property development and management
- Planning and development
Accepted degree subjects
planning and surveying · civil engineering and construction
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/12/2016