We are seeking an enthusiastic graduate to join our Southern Development Team, specialising in commercial development and investment. This is a highly varied role and you will gain experience in managing development projects from inception to completion. The individual will assist Development Managers with the acquisition of new opportunities and will provide support in managing development schemes. The candidate will be encouraged to work towards managing and leading their own project.
Typical duties include
- Assist the development team in the evaluation and acquisition of sites.
- Appraising opportunities including the management of the development appraisal throughout the bidding process.
- Managing the financial quarterly review process - ensuring project appraisals are updated accurately and forecast within the agreed timeframes.
- Assist the team in the completion of a pre-purchase checklist and management of a risk register arising from the pre-site investigation.
- Attend site inspections/site progress meetings with Project Managers and Development Managers.
- Manage all aspects of development projects from inception to completion and assisting Development Managers with day to day issues.
- Manage bid documents and acquisition/disposal board reports.
- Assist with the delivery of the scheme exit strategy for development sales.
- Manage the marketing and lettings process of development projects.
What you’ll get
- A competitive salary
- A company car
- Life assurance
- Membership of our pension scheme
- Share options
- 26 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Kier’s industry-renowned Graduate Development Programme
- Support in achieving chartership with the RICS, CIOB or similar relevant body.
We’re recruiting enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates who are ready to start their career in Property Development. If you have at least a 2:1 degree in a property and estates management related subjec t– or you’re in your final year and on track to achieve one – we want to hear from you.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
As well as the ability to work as part of a collaborative team, you’ll need excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and to be able to develop strong client and internal relationships. We want to work with people who are proactive, and very keen to develop their career in the industry.
Qualifications and experience requirements
You will need at least a 2:1, RICS accredited degree in the following:-
- Building Surveying
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Management
- Real Estate Surveying
- Property Development and Management
- Planning and Development
In return, we’ll help you build your career and give you plenty of opportunities to develop and achieve your ambitions.
Accepted degree subjects
planning and surveying · civil engineering and construction
Leeds · London · Manchester
How to apply
Closing date: 30/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017