Where you’ll work
Lead from headquarters in Elstree, McNicholas is a leading infrastructure services supplier, providing telecommunications, gas, power, water, renewable energy and rail services across the UK. As a graduate for McNicholas, you’ll be a member of the integrated business whilst having the enormous support and development available from being part of the wider Kier Group.
What you’ll do
You’ll play a key role in supporting the project teams managing the day to day running of operations. Responsibilities will include operating and promoting a high standard of health, safety and environmental compliance, performing setting out duties accurately and on time, provide engineering input and expertise to our installation teams, ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with the customer specification, and support the overall achievement of successful delivery of our project works.
What you’ll receive and achieve
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Support in achieving professional qualifications leading to Incorporated Engineer and Chartered status
- Highly competitive salary and company car
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ plus eight bank holidays
- Kier Awards –be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’
- Kier Rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
McNicholas Construction has recently been acquired by Kier, and is now a separate business unit within Kier’s Construction and Infrastructure Services division. Together, they are shaping your world for a sustainable and positive future within the built environment. We seek enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates to join us on our esteemed Graduate Development Programme.
Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you need to be in your final year of university or have achieved a minimum of 2.2 Electrical or Electronic Engineering MEng, BEng, or BSc. Ideally, you’ll hold a valid full UK driving license.
Accepted degree subjects
electronic and electrical engineering · civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Closing date: 30/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017