Are you looking to begin your career as an Electrical Engineer whilst gaining practical on-the-job experience? Over the course of your two-year Graduate Programme you will receive the technical training and personal development needed to excel in your role. We offer unique career progression prospects and the training and development we offer are unparalleled. Joining us as a graduate or undergraduate is a proper job with real responsibilities.
As a Graduate Electrical Engineer in our utilities and rail business, you will play a key role in supporting the project teams in managing the day to day running of operations. You will operate and promote a high standard of health and safety and environmental compliance, carry out setting out duties accurately and on time, provide engineering input and expertise to our installation teams, ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with the customer specification and support the overall achievement of successful delivery of our project works.
We have offices and projects throughout the UK so you will need to be flexible and mobile as travel will be required in the role as well as potential rotations. Travel will open you up to varied experiences and is a great way for you to gain broad knowledge and practical skills during the two-year graduate programme. Our mentors and buddies will offer you support through the programme and share their knowledge with you.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy. Let’s shape your world together.
What you’ll receive and achieve
- National graduate induction
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- Tailored business orientation
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Highly competitive salary
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ plus eight bank holidays
- Company car dependent on role requirement.
- Kier awards – be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘rising star’
- Kier rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
What we are looking for
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2.1 or above in electrical engineering programme and must be accredited by a professional body.
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
How to apply
We are excited to receive your application so please review our roles and apply online as soon as possible. Our recruiters take the time and effort to read through each application thoroughly and appreciate your interest in our opportunities.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 19/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details