We seek enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates to join us on our esteemed Graduate Development Programme.
Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
Where you’ll work
As part of the Kier Services division, our Kier Capital Projects businesses in the North are geographically responsible for everything north of the M25, with occasional work in the South for existing clients. Therefore you will be primarily based at Thorncliffe Hall, Chapeltown, Sheffield.
The sectors we cover are the commercial, blue light, aviation, education, healthcare, industrial, leisure, and retail sectors.
The activities we undertake range from the design and delivery of complex refurbishment and new build projects up to the value of £15m, where we are able to utilise our team's broad skills base, through to small regional projects for valued customers.
Creating new buildings and spaces needs people who are passionate, and our team are committed to achieving results that exceed our clients' ambitions. Our design processes focus on our customers' needs, and are based on an ethos of teamwork and an ability to understand and address the key project issues.
What you’ll do
Primarily supporting our pre-construction team within the estimating department you will gain experience on estimating negotiated contracts, the preparation of tenders and estimating works for onsite projects including refurbishment and new build projects across the health, education, retail and commercial sectors.
We operate a career pathway development programme, which delivers a structured training and development process which will support your career development.
What you’ll receive and achieve:
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on-the-job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- A commitment to support a reasonable work life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Support in achieving chartership with the relevant professional body for your discipline
- Highly competitive salary
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ plus eight bank holidays
- Kier awards –be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’
- Kier rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
What we are looking for
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2:2 or above on a quantity surveying related programme and accredited by a professional body. Additionally, we offer MSc conversion programmes for those with a degree in mathematics, science and business subjects.
Accepted degree subjects
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/05/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details