Where you’ll work
Kier Workplace Services provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients’ workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the rest.
Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.
What you’ll do
Supporting our Quantity Surveying and Cost Management teams, you will gain experience working both on projects and sites, in addition to working client side, acting as the Employers Advisor.
We operate a career pathway development programme, which delivers a structured training and development process which will support your career development
What you’ll receive and achieve
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- A commitment to support a reasonable work life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Support in achieving Chartership with the relevant professional body for your discipline
- Highly competitive salary and company car
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’plus eight bank holidays
- Kier Awards – be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’
- Kier Rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
Kier Group is the UK’s leading construction business, shaping your world for a sustainable and positive future within the built environment. We seek enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates to join us on our esteemed Graduate Development Programme.
Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2.2 or above on a Quantity Surveying related programme and accredited by a professional body
Accepted degree subjects
transport engineering · planning and surveying · civil engineering and construction
Basingstoke · Cardiff
How to apply
Closing date: 30/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017