Where you’ll work
Kier Highways have designed over £1bn of projects in two years, managing and maintaining more tunnels for strategic roads in the UK than any other provider. We design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems, covering strategic and nationally important roads, and in total look after 50,000km of road network across the UK for Highways England, London Highways Alliance, Transport for London and several local authorities.
What you’ll do
Supporting the senior commercial team, you’ll be hands-on by visiting site and working with the leadership team. You’ll work across the whole of the commercial and pre-construction department, providing assistance in risk and value management, cost control, cost analysis, estimates and commercial management.
What you’ll receive and achieve
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Support in achieving Chartership with the relevant professional body for your discipline
- Highly competitive salary and company car
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days plus eight bank holidays
- Kier Awards – be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’
- Kier Rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
Kier Group is the UK’s leading construction business, shaping your world for a sustainable and positive future within the built environment. We seek enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates to join us on our esteemed Graduate Development Programme.
Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together.
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2.2 or above on a Quantity Surveying related programme and accredited by a professional body.
Additionally, we offer MSc conversion programmes for those with a degree in mathematics, science and business subjects.
Accepted degree subjects
transport engineering · planning and surveying · civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Closing date: 30/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017