You’ll have the opportunity to work within our central HR functions and our operational business units across the UK within Kier, namely building UK, infrastructure and utlities, highways, KWS, living and property.
What you’ll do:
As a Group HR team member, you’ll rotate throughout the departments, gaining an understanding of each HR function and how they operate throughout the Group. You’ll work alongside, and be mentored by, strategic and operational HR professionals across each HR facet, including generalist HR business partners, learning and development, employee relations, reward and benefits, talent management and recruitment teams. You’ll learn key skills such as effective communication, project management, presentation and leadership abilities in order to become a well-rounded HR generalist. From there you’ll have the chance to continue your career path with Kier in your chosen HR discipline.
What you’ll receive and achieve
- A professional body mentor, dedicated to you individually
- A committed and structured learning programme, with regular assessments
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Shadow multiple teams and achieve a rounded view of your desired discipline
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- An honest work/life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Progression into the business to secure your future career
- Support in achieving your CIPD qualifications
- Highly competitive salary and company car
- Start your pension with our scheme (up to 7.5% matched)
- Two exclusive share options
- 26 days’ plus eight bank holidays
- Kier Awards – be part of our annual award scheme. You could be our next ‘Rising Star’
- Kier Rewards – get rewards and cash back to book your holidays and shop online
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier Group is the UK’s leading construction business, shaping your world for a sustainable and positive future within the built environment. We seek enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking graduates to join us on our esteemed Graduate Development Programme.
Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
Qualifications and experience requirements
We look for those who embody our company ethos, whilst academically you’ll have completed your degree (or about to), on course to achieve a 2.1 or above in an HR or business related discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/10/2017