We seek enthusiastic, collaborative and forward-thinking Industrial Placements to join us on their year in industry.
Make the journey to Kier to receive industry-leading mentorship and support, the opportunity to work on hugely notable, cutting-edge projects, and leave a legacy by developing your practical and theoretical knowledge surrounded by industry experts.
We are currently recruiting talented undergraduate students seeking a Summer Placement to start in July 2018.
Primarily supporting our Pre-construction Team within Major Projects you could gain experience on estimating negotiated contracts, the preparation of tenders and estimating works for onsite projects including refurbishment and new build projects across the health, education, retail and commercial sectors.
What you’ll receive and achieve:
- A social atmosphere where you’ll build relationships throughout the business
- Practical, on the job training within your team of industry experts
- Become part of some of the UK’s most high-profile projects
- A commitment to support a reasonable work life balance
- Responsibility for your own achievements, taking control of project elements
- Potential progression into the business to secure your future career with us as a graduate if you perform like a star
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Let’s shape your world together.
What we are looking for
What you need to qualify:
- We look for those who embody our company ethos
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Organisational skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Live the Kier values, collaborative, forward thinking and enthusiastic
Academically you’ll on course to achieve a 2:1 or above on a quantity surveying, construction management, design management or marketing related programme.
Accepted degree subjects
- marketing and advertising studies
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 24/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Additional location information||Wellingborough, Tempsford|