This is a seasonal role which requires people who will be free during the school holidays when our day camps operate (Summer).
Earn money and gain valuable experience doing something you love.
Kings Camps are a market leading non-profit organisation offering sports and activity day camps at over 50 UK locations, getting children and young people active, having fun and learning together.
Our coaches (we call them Red Tops) deliver high quality sports camps with an energy, passion and commitment to child development that we call the Kings Factor®.
The Site Manager is responsible for the overall delivery of a unique Kings Camp experience, ensuring every child is safe, engaged and makes progress, regardless of their ability.
Managers won’t be in ratio but will be required to manage and lead a team of coaches, motivating each Red Top throughout training and delivery to actively participate in sessions, prioritise child welfare and work collaboratively with peers.
During camp, you’ll be on site from 8am to 6pm to act as the responsible individual, the first aider and the venue point of contact. You’ll also follow operating procedures and policies, completing the relevant paperwork, including risk assessments, weekly reviews, the recording of incidents, and managing OFSTED requirements.
Child safety is our number one priority, so managers need to ensure that the welfare of children is paramount at all times, supervising children during their lunch breaks, overseeing the safe use of equipment and upholding health and safety standards and procedures.
Starts throughout July and August.
What we are looking for
- Experience of implementing high standards of safeguarding
- Detail-orientated, in particular regard to following policies and health and safety
- A vibrant and resilient team player with leadership skills to instil excitement and motivation in staff and children
- At times things change, so you’ll need to be flexible, with a willingness to adapt
- A passion for, and at least 12 months experience of, working with children and/or young people between 5 and 17 years
- At least 12 months’ experience in management or leadership position that includes delivering high quality customer service
- Hold, or willing to attend training for, a valid paediatric first aid qualification
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Please send your CV to us and we will be in touch within 48 hours.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25 July 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment