We are currently accepting applications from graduates for our 2019 training programme to commence in September.
Opportunities exist in our Thames Valley (Ascot) and West London (Putney) offices within our general practice, tax and outsourcing departments. These diverse roles will include a range of financial management functions, tax and audit work.
Successful candidates will train towards the ACCA or ACA professional qualification within a forward thinking firm, committed to offering a first class training package. Benefits include full study support and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Within our General Practice Department, candidates can expect to have a multi-disciplined approach across areas including audit, accounts preparation and taxation work. Initially preparing basic sets of accounts and tax returns under close supervision, progressing to more complex aspects of the preparation and control of engagements, taking responsibility to carry through approved work plans.
Within our Tax Department, candidates can expect to have a varied workload developing an understanding of the UK tax system including income tax, national insurance, corporation tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax. Initially preparing personal tax returns under careful supervision, progressing to higher-level tax planning and strategy, the role offers room for natural progression within a constantly changing environment.
Within our Outsourcing Department, candidates can expect to quickly develop client relationships, initially undertaking bookkeeping duties and preparing management reports, cash flows and forecasts under close supervision. Successful candidates will have a good eye for detail and will develop an all-round knowledge of financial management functions, progressing to complex reporting requirements and adherence to strict deadlines.
Starting: June - Sept 2019 and January 2020.
What we are looking for
- High level of numeracy
- Intellectual caliber necessary to pass demanding professional examinations
- Sound IT skills, preferably with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to communicate effectively, both spoken and written
- Ability to develop team and client relationships across a range of individuals
- Ability to work on own initiative, plan ahead and manage changing priorities
- Enthusiasm in approach to work and training and ability to accept constructive criticism
- Pleasant manner, bearing and speech
- Full UK driving license
- 2:1 degree in any discipline
- 300 UCAS tariff points (achieved in the same academic year from your best three A-levels or equivalent, excluding general studies)
- Grade B or above in GCSE mathematics and English language
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
Full study support and a comprehensive benefits package
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 27 September 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment