The University of Essex in partnership with DataSpartan offers an exciting opportunity to a graduate to investigates the use of algorithms (genetic or reinforcement) for the identification of optimal asset trading strategies. This post is fixed term for 36 months and is based at the DataSpartan offices in London.
The duties of the post will include
- Build financial software libraries.
- Design and develop novel algorithms for price prediction and market condition forecast.
- Build the Algorithmic module and enhance the current backtesting system.
- Integrate the algorithms onto the low latency trading systems within DataSpartan's proprietary platform.
- Engage with large financial institutions for scoping/testing.
As a KTP Associate, the post will offer the following benefits
- KTP research budgets: A personal development budget of £6,000 (exclusive of salary), travel budget: £6,750; consumables budget: £4,500 (these typically support conferences / personal development / project equipment).
- Management training and mentoring by an Innovate UK KTP Adviser.
- An interesting and challenging role, with exposure to a variety of stakeholders.
- Full access to university resources to complete the project.
- World-leading academic and company project supervision, with project support by a dedicated, sector leading KTP Office.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) are a unique UK-wide activity that help businesses to improve their competitiveness and productivity by making better use of the knowledge, technology and skills within universities, colleges and research organisations.
- Demonstrable proficiency in software development.
- Extensive knowledge of C++/C and Java language.
- High levels of individual motivation and independence to pursue advanced research and development.
- Knowledge of optimisation techniques.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- MSc computer/data science or financial computing
- Experience in algorithm design and data structures.
Accepted degree subjects
computer sciences and IT
How to apply
Number of vacancies: one
Closing date: 04/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 04/12/2017