The University of Essex in partnership with Preqin Ltd offers an exciting opportunity to a graduate to support Preqin's ambitious plans to develop new methods of capturing insight from current and future Preqin datasets by embedding AI and Machine Learning techniques across its investor platform. This post is fixed term for 36 months and is based at the Preqin's Head Office in London.
The duties of the post will include:
- Development of a Recommender System - assessing Preqin customer churn, and adding insight using machine learning techniques to understand churn in a variety of scenarios.
- Development of an end-to-end system of recommendation of investors to potential fund managers.
- An implementation of anomaly/outlier detection methods using artificial intelligence.
- A dataset for anomaly detection based on experts' opinions created.
- Comparison between a supervised-learning approach and standard outlier/novelty detection methods dataset developed for catastrophic forgetting.
- Consolidation of technology and upskilling of Preqin technical staff.
As a KTP Associate, the post will offer the following benefits:
- A personal development budget of GBP £6,000 (exclusive of salary).
- An additional research budget for consumables and travel required to deliver the KTP (GBP £11,250)
- Management training and mentoring by an Innovate UK KTP Adviser.
- An interesting and challenging role, with exposure to a variety of stakeholders.
- Full access to university resources (libraries, labs) to complete the project.
- World-leading academic and company project supervision, with project support by a dedicated, sector leading KTP Office.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- BSc in data science or a related discipline.
- Good theoretical and applied knowledge of mathematical methods for data science, including foundational topics such as calculus, linear algebra, statistics and optimisation.
- Good knowledge of Python and the relevant data science Python stack (Numpy, Scikit-learn, Scipy, Xgboost).
Accepted degree subjects
computer sciences and IT · electronic and electrical engineering
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Closing date: 27/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 27/11/2017