Vehicle Movement Exchange UK Ltd T/A Engineius and School of Computing and Business School at Birmingham City University’s (BCU) are looking to appoint a Digital Business & Data Analyst Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP Associate) with specialist expertise around developing intelligent software systems (integrating Machine learning techniques).
The Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Associate role presents a unique and exciting opportunity to work in collaboration with leading academics at BCU to apply knowledge and technical innovation.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme co-funding by a grant through Innovate UK. KTPs provide 1000+ high calibre jobs working with business across the UK and offer a wide range of benefits including access to a £4,000 Personal Development budget to upskill during the project - more information on KTP.
The successful graduate will be employed by Birmingham City University and will be based at the company in Alpha Tower in Birmingham (B1 1TT). They will be supported by academics from BCU's School of Computing and Business School. The position is for 24 months. The expected start date is as soon as is practical.
To provide a rapidly growing SME in transportation management with a many-to-many (for example, taxis such as Uber use one-to-many) scalable solution for end-to-end vehicle movement and multi-route optimisation which will generate competitive advantage through innovation not matched by any competitor.
- Analysis of the current business model and the skills of the schedulers
- Design Engineius Integrated Technology Platform (EITP) AI architecture
- EITP development, testing and deployment
- Training Engineius staff and knowledge embedding
- Research novel applications of AI to solve optimisation problems in transportation
- Work to a high-level of technical expertise in mapping the existing operational processes at Engineius.
- Produce business action plans with Engineius management structure to support the development of the aforementioned system at Engineius.
- Liaise with the CEO, and the wider staff team to ensure the project is delivered and monitored effectively.
- Be involved in developing requirements and specifications for the novel logistic/transport optimisation system.
- Assist the existing Engineius research and development team with the development of new Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and prototypes, as part of their new business development process.
- Be involved in practical aspects of researching, advising, procuring, scheduling the installation and maintenance of new equipment / consumables.
- Manage in-house production of prototypes and products, as required.
- Undertake to deliver any necessary in-house training and deliver support in research and innovation as part of the project on a wide range of product development areas. Responsible for the operational management of the project.
- Support and contribute to research collaborations by facilitating prototyping, iteration and project development.
- Manage change and lead the exploitation of new technology, which will partly replace traditional skill-sets.
- Manage and deliver KTP project, KPI’s, Gantt Charts, Risk Assessment, and outputs of the KTP project.
What we are looking for
The KTP Partnership is looking for a high calibre graduate to join a team in developing an Innovative, Intelligent Logistics/Transport Management System, providing specialist expertise, professional understanding and ensuring the successful oversight of a major new development project.
- Relevant, practical hands-on, high degree of experience in modern software engineering and data engineering practices, along with expertise in developing and implementing Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence based solutions.
- A strong record of accomplishment of managing projects to successful completion.
- An organised approach to work with the ability work on own initiative
- Strong knowledge and skills in developing systems for the intelligent optimisation of logistic/transportation processes.
- Specialised knowledge of digital technologies, associated equipment, processes and techniques.
- Ability to interface with Engineius’s staff at various levels.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate and present effectively to all levels.
- An organised approach to work with the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise different tasks efficiently.
Hold a degree in software engineering, data engineering, computer science or related subject and a Masters degree in logistics management, transportation management, data analysis, operations research or a related subject
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences
Additional job details
- £25,000 - £30,000
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Interview date: 8 July 2021
The University is committed to internationalism and diversity and welcomes applications from all countries, faiths and backgrounds.
It is each individual successful applicants responsibility to ensure that they have permission to work in the UK. Some applicants may require sponsorship from the University and a visa from UKVI to take up the role if successful. More information on this can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Some roles are not capable of sponsorship because they do not meet the UKVI criteria relating to skill and salary level. If you are unsure as to whether you would require sponsorship if successful, or whether the role is capable of sponsorship, please contact us
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 June 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 June 2021