Minster Micro Computers Limited and The Department of Digital Transformation in the School of Computing and Digital Technology at Birmingham City University aims to unleash the potential of organisations to thrive in an inclusive digital economy through building capability and removing barriers to technological change.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Digital Transformation - skilled graduate to develop and implement a digital transformation strategy to achieve end-to-end process improvement, transforming service provision in an IT services company.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme part-funded grant through Innovate UK. KTPs provide 1000+ high calibre jobs working with business across the UK and offer a wide range of benefits including access to a £4,500 Personal Development budget to upskill during the project - more information
Minster Micro Computers Ltd offer IT services specific to individual business requirements as a leading edge provider of Microsoft and Pegasus Opera 3.
The successful graduate will be employed by Birmingham City University and will be based at the company in Kidderminster (DY10 1HU). The KTP Associate will be supported and mentored by academics from The Department of Digital Transformation in the School of Computing and Digital Technology. The position is for 27 months.
The candidate will be expected to lead and deliver the digital transformation KTP project, managing the expectations of various stakeholders, under the guidance and support of both an academic and a company supervisor throughout the project.
What we are looking for
- Utilising design thinking and running design thinking workshops e.g. using journey maps
- Process modelling and optimisation – using industry standard tools e.g. BPMN
- Developing and implementing change management plans
- Designing and developing dashboard systems - integration with legacy systems
- Preparing training modules and delivering training to stakeholders
- Project management and implementation skills
- Practical working experience of design thinking to solve complex real-world problems.
- Completion of a substantial digital change project in either university or industry.
- Understanding of the complex relationship between people, information, processes and technology.
- Keen interest in the developing enabling strategies to facilitate business growth through organisational change.
- Analysing and redesigning business processes to improve performance and productivity.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to take a proactive role that will successfully deliver the work plan in the proposal.
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish good working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and industrial partners will be essential.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical communication skills.
- Project and time management skills is a critical capability for this position.
The KTP Associate should have a graduated in the last five years with a minimum 2.1 university qualification in a relevant subject area.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- computer sciences
Additional job details
- £28,000 - £32,000
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Interview date: 9 November 2021.
The University is committed to internationalism and diversity and welcomes applications from all countries, faiths and backgrounds.
It is each individual successful applicants responsibility to ensure that they have permission to work in the UK. Some applicants may require sponsorship from the University and a visa from UKVI to take up the role if successful. More information on this can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Some roles are not capable of sponsorship because they do not meet the UKVI criteria relating to skill and salary level. If you are unsure as to whether you would require sponsorship if successful, or whether the role is capable of sponsorship, please contact us
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 October 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 October 2021