An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic and self motivated Engineering graduate to lead a project to innovate in computer aided design and manufacture of medical devices, enhancing productivity by linking simulations, automatic machining code generation, additive manufacturing , and inspection to CAD models to significantly reduce machine setting times. This position is a 36 month fixed term contract, with a £2k per annum dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development.
What can you expect from this job?
- You will be responsible for leading and delivering a challenging commercial project that directly impacts the business, with the opportunity to be a champion of real change.
- You will receive input and support from an academic team with specialist knowledge and experience relevant to the project.
- We will provide a £6k training budget that is tailored to your personal development needs, along with two free residential management training courses at the beginning of the project.
- You will have the opportunity to deliver high impact outcomes within a business, whilst learning at the same time - a significant contribution to your long-term career progression.
ATC is a contract medical device manufacturer, making precision critical, high accuracy devices for the orthopaedic, neuroscience, cardiac, prosthetic limb and dental industries predominantly. ATC specialise in machining difficult materials and titanium is the major material used on site. Find out more by visiting: www.atcltd.co.uk/
- Knowledge of simulation software for computer aided design/manufacture, ideally with practical application through project work, placement and/or work experience.
- Knowledge/experience of the following is desirable:
- Computer programming software (e.g. Visual Basic, C++, Matlab);
- CNC machining
- Knowledge of instrumentation and data analysis (e.g. CMM)
- Medical engineering and medical device manufacture, including additive manufacturing.
Essential skills we require as a minimum
- An excellent communicator (both written and oral), with an engaging personality to support the development of strong, effective relationships
- An interest in manufacturing
- The aptitude to apply technologies developed through research to a commercial scenario, understanding the needs of internal and external customers and stakeholders
- An ambition and ability to take ownership of a challenging and impactful technical project.
Qualifications and experience requirements
The successful candidate will have a BEng or BSc (minimum 2:1) in manufacturing or mechanical engineering, design engineering or a related engineering degree (such as mechatronic engineering). A higher degree, or work experience which can substitute for a higher degree, is desirable.
Accepted degree subjects
transport engineering · aerospace engineering · mechanical engineering · electronic and electrical engineering · engineering management
£25k - £32k
depending on qualifications and experience, plus a £6k personal development budget
Redhill · Surrey
with regular travel to the University of Brighton
How to apply
Closing date: 21/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/01/2018