We wish to recruit a dynamic, highly skilled and motivated graduate to work in CP Cases Ltd. in a collaborative project with Queen’s University Belfast over 30 months. Through this Knowledge Transfer Partnership, the project will involve the introduction of an advanced robotic manufacturing cell for a highly innovative plastic moulding facility to provide a step change in production efficiency.
This KTP will provide the expertise necessary to develop and embed a fully automated, highly innovative plastic moulding facility. The seven integrated project phases are:
- Understand, review and critique Advanced Manufacturing production processes for high-end, market-driven plastic moulded products.
- Evaluate, review and assess robot-controlled plastics manufacturing cell
- Implement Advanced Manufacturing production methods (Industry 4.0 compatible) and oversee installation and commissioning
- Design and development of new tools and their integration within the new advanced manufacturing cell.
- New product commercialisation and launch.
- Project reporting to show financial, time and efficiency savings.
- Embed advanced manufacturing technology and expertise developed through the project into the Company.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships is a UK programme that enables businesses to work with universities to gain access to specialist knowledge and expertise and apply it within their organisation. Each Partnership recruits a graduate to work in the company, implementing and embedding the latest research techniquesGuidance is provided by the academic and company supervisors to ensure that the objectives of the project are met. Although the scheme is aimed at recent graduates, any suitably qualified individual may apply.
What we are looking for
- Three months’ relevant work experience
- Completion of a relevant research project, module or student placement. Applicants should indicate how their experience could be applied to this post.
- Good oral written and presentation skills.
- High level of IT skills.
- Ability to think logically, create solutions and make informed decisions.
- A high level of numeracy and the ability to interpret data.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a group.
- Well organised, attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- An interest in staying with the company. (Associates are normally invited to apply for permanent positions).
- One years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of polymer processing and its applications*
- Experience in the use of CAD/CAM
- Experience in the use of Robotics*
*may be demonstrated through the completion of a module, student project or placement.
- Ability to deliver training and follow-up support to operatives.
- Ability to influence people effectively.
- Tenacious and committed to achieving goals.
Hold, or be about to obtain in July 2018, at least a 2.1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in mechanical, electrical or manufacturing engineering, or a closely related discipline.
Hold a higher degree in a relevant discipline
Accepted degree subjects
- mechanical engineering
- electronic and electrical engineering
- engineering management
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 09/08/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 09/08/2018
Additional job details
One of the key KTP benefits for graduates is access to a £12,500 training and travel budget over the project duration.