We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented engineer to work on an innovative collaboration between Oakmount Control Systems Limited and Plymouth University.
A unique opportunity for a recently qualified engineer to work on a joint project under Knowledge Transfer Partnership, between Oakmount Control Systems Limited and the University of Plymouth. The key objective of this role is to develop a formalised methodology to deliver optimised smart automation solutions that integrate seamlessly with existing manufacturing systems for the SME sector.
You will be working with the support of a team of academics including Dr Guido Bugmann, Associate Professor in Intelligent Systems and Dr Stephen Childe, Associate Professor in Business Management and Operations.
24 month fixed-term contract.
What we are looking for
You will have knowledge and practical experience of developing robotic and automated solutions, preferably with an understanding of the techniques and tools to analyse, model and simulate manufacturing and production systems. Experience of working with MRP systems is desirable as is experience of working in a manufacturing industry. Awareness of Factory of the Future and Industry 4.0 would also be desirable.
You will need to be methodical and tenacious with a proven ability to lead a project from the technical perspective. You will need to be thorough, analytical with good attention to detail and have good communication skills with the ability to talk to customers and share information. You will possess the ability to work within quality and regulatory systems and be a good team player.
- Good interpersonal and well developed negotiation skills: ability to communicate complex concepts requiring a GCSE in English or equivalent (e.g. International English Qualification IELTS score 6.5 or TOEIC score 600)
- A good degree in a relevant Engineering related subject such as Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
- Knowledge and practical experience of developing automated solutions and engineering problem solving
- An understanding of the techniques and tools to analyse, model and simulate manufacturing and production systems.
- Ability to lead a project from the scientific perspective
- Post graduate qualification such as an MSc in Robotics, Manufacturing Systems or a relevant complementary higher degree
- Experience of working with MRP systems
- Experience working in a manufacturing industry and awareness of Factory of the Future and Industry 4.0
- Development of training materials and delivery of training would be advantageous
- Methodical and tenacious
- Proven ability to lead a project from a technical perspective
- Thorough, analytical with good attention to detail and good communication skills to talk to customers and share information
- Ability to work within quality and regulatory systems
- A good team player
The successful candidate will have a good degree in a relevant engineering subject such as mechanical engineering or manufacturing engineering. A post graduate qualification such as an MSc in robotics, manufacturing systems or a relevant complementary higher degree would be advantageous.
Accepted degree subjects
- mechanical engineering
How to apply
Visit the Plymouth University website via the Apply button for full details and to complete an online application. (Ref: A6023).
Interviews will be held at the company on 17 August 2018.
For further information please contact Dave Marshall
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15/07/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15/07/2018
Additional job details
£27,000 - £33,000
£4,000 personal development budget