To project-manage a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) which aims to develop a secure, scalable, cyber-physical system for managing intelligent factories in the food processing industry.
The post-holder will be under the direction of supervisors from the University of Leicester and Millitec Food Systems Ltd.
- Management of a key, strategic project within Millitec Food Systems Ltd (with support from academic and company supervisors), ensuring that all defined targets and outputs are met within the timeframe.
- Development and implementation of new, innovative cyber-physical system capable of managing intelligent factories in the food processing industry.
- Transfer of knowledge between the University of Leicester and Millitec Food Systems Ltd.
- Engagement with other employees and engineers to ensure that the knowledgetransferred is properly embedded and exploited.
- Preparation and presentation of progress reports at project team meetings.
The post is based at the premises of Millitec Food Systems Ltd in Old Dalby, Leicestershire.
The post-holder will be directly supervised by a company supervisor on a daily basis and will also receive mentoring from an academic supervisor as required by the post.
The post-holder will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate information exchange is maintained between the company and academic partner.
Hours/contract: full time, open ended contract subject to funding, funding is available from 13 August 2018 to 12 October 2020.
What we are looking for
- Experience in open-source projects (e.g. GitHub repos)
- Knowledge of Linux and Python
- Strong self-motivation and interest in cloud system development.
- Excellent team-working skills and the ability to liaise and collaborate with a wide range of people.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Project management and business acumen.
- Ability to work to a deadline.
- Willingness to take ownership of the project in all respects, including financial management, staff training, development of the commercial business case and full project leadership, encompassing management of resources and timing.
- Experience of developing online cloud based services based on Node.js, Angular.js, MongoDB, Protractor and other
- Experience of Model-Driven Software Development (MDSD) and model-driven engineering (MDE).
- Experience of agile methodologies and continuous delivery.
- Knowledge of Visualisation techniques.
- Prior experience of successful independent or supervised research.
- Experience of dealing with senior staff in academia and industry.
- Ability to communicate precisely and engagingly to different audiences both in writing and verbally.
Degree qualification in computer science or a related discipline*
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/07/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31/07/2018
Additional job details
£25,000 to £28,000