This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an ambitious graduate, supported by Kingston University academics and based at Instinet, a leading global broker of equities, in London. This KTP project will develop and deploy innovative machine learning techniques for trading execution performance and monitoring.
You will lead the development of theoretical, practical and organizational capabilities, to deploy machine-learned products to improve the execution performance of equity trading, and machine-learned tools to monitor this performance. You will also have responsibility for authoring reports and academic publications that describe aspects of your work, and the potential impact for Instinet and its clients.
You will be working alongside another KTP Associate who is employed as a Machine Learning Scientist.
This position is a 32-month fixed-term contract.
The company partner
Instinet, is a leading global broker of equities, based in London.
The university partner
This KTP will be led academically by Prof James Orwell and supervised Dr JC Nebel from the School of Computer Science and Mathematics school within the Faculty of SEC.
This post is subject to confirmation of securing government funding via Innovate.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have gained (or be excited to gain):
- Experience of iterative design
- Development and operation of real-world systems with complex business logic and multiple deployment platforms
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into a prioritized schedule of technical work
- Experience in creating user interfaces, preferably in a technical domain, that are engaging and designed in a way to encourage and support their use and ability to successfully integrate different technical components to create an overall system
- You will have a BSc (minimum of 2:1) in software engineering or a related subject.
- Possibly MSc in computer Science, software engineering or a related subject or PhD in computer science
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences and IT
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- South East England
- £50,000 to £70,000
Salary depending on qualifications and experience plus training package of up to £2,000
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Interviews: w/c 8 July or 15 July.
If you have any questions please email.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28 June 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 28 June 2019