As a Kubrick Cloud Engineer, you will be critical in our clients’ digital transformation, helping evaluate their current infrastructure, explore options for moving to the cloud, and then oversee the migration and the maintenance of the new system. You will collaborate with your colleagues to embed cloud technology and best practice, revolutionising the capabilities and efficiency of teams and business functions of organisations in all industries.
Cloud Engineers are able to utilise multi-cloud environments to meet the needs of Cloud-centric delivery teams but are trained in the fundamentals of data storage and SQL to also support data enterprise and infrastructure teams. You will be responsible for understanding and gathering business requirements and showing stakeholders the art of the possible. This role is in great demand in today’s business environment, building a foundation of skills to support rapid career development for the long-term.
Example training project
Consultants developed an infrastructure solution to extend an on-premise unsecured database to be consumed within the cloud. This was subsequently analysed by data science tooling to generate new data sets.
Your career journey
- Train: over 15 weeks, our immersive, industry-leading programme blends interactive training and independent project work in teams to accelerate your learning and get you ready for the workplace
- Engage: you will be matched with one of our clients on an engagement which suits your strengths and capabilities, thereby optimising delivery
- Support: our People Team will provide dedicated support throughout your time on site
- Transition: after two years, you will have the option to join your client permanently and stay connected to Kubrick through our alumni network, or continue consulting with us at a senior level
Why Join Kubrick?
So what can you expect if you join us? We cultivate smart, aspiring, diverse talent to harness the power of data, AI, and cloud technology to help world-leading organisations transform. At Kubrick, you will gain first-hand exposure to exciting projects, accelerating your career in data and technology.
- 15 weeks of training by our industry experts in agile teams using the latest tools and technologies
- Engagement on projects with renowned clients to strengthen your skills and deliver long-lasting impact
- Collaborate and develop with diverse perspectives, bringing a fresh approach to solving problems
- Access to regular check-ins and support from your dedicated People representative throughout your Kubrick journey to foster engagement and drive impact as you progress
- Access to technical webinars to assist with ongoing upskilling and development
- Perkbox (an all-in-one employee experience platform with hundreds of perks, freebies and discounts)
- An employee assistance programme to promote health and well-being
At Kubrick, we respect the differences in others and understand the importance of diverse thoughts, experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives. We believe in creating equal opportunities for all and pushing against barriers that have existed for too long.
What we are looking for
- A strong interest and demonstrable experience in programming and hardware infrastructure – we want to see that you’ve gone above and beyond to learn
- A love for problem-solving, making sense of the complex and communicating it to others in a way that is easy to understand
- People that relish effecting change
- A desire to work with multiple stakeholders and facilitating effective communication between them
- An ambition to work with data and next-generation technology - learning some coding is crucial in today's age
- The ability to think logically and work under pressure
- Flexible on location as our consultants often work across the UK
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
rising to £40,000 in your second year
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22 October 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment