Integrated Logistics at Kuehne + Nagel both simplifies the supply chain process and reduces cost for clients, whilst still providing the great service we are known for. By designing, implementing and managing integrated end-to-end supply chain solutions for our customers across all logistics modes (air, sea, overland, warehousing) anywhere in the world, we put our customer’s supply chain in the middle of the service offering.
The market demand for integrated end-to-end solutions is growing fast and Integrated Logistics is a core strategic focus and key investment area for our UK business. Through rotational placements in operations, solutions, implementation and business management you’ll be part of an exciting, demanding, growing and truly global supply chain.
Each of the four Integrated Logistics placement rotations will be based from our main hub in Birmingham. However, you will be expected to travel (and stay away from home) across the UK and internationally as part of this programme so graduates must be fully mobile and able to travel.
Through the rotational placements our graduates learn and experience:
- Control Centre operations – day to day management of our customer contracts and provision of our main services of order management, transport planning, visibility and monitoring of orders and freight audit and settlement.
- Solution development – assessment and analysis of a customer’s existing network, and proposal for future models leading to the design of an efficient integrated end-to-end supply chain solution for our customer.
- Implementation management – bringing the designed solution to reality for our customer.
- Business management – managing the account and client relationship covering all client related services and commercial elements.
Our Graduate Programme is a structured two year development programme offering talented individuals the opportunity to build valuable operational and commercial skills in a fast-moving global logistics environment.
Starting in September 2018 the programme beings with induction and our graduates enjoy a warm welcome to the business and immediately start to build their professional network. Each of our programmes consists of rotational business placements to ensure breadth and depth of learning and experience over the two year programme. On the job learning is complemented by dedicated graduate development workshops and further professional development through sponsorship of your CILT qualification. In addition, all graduates are part of our trainee network hub and are supported by dedicated Graduate sponsors and buddies from across the business.
If you’re ambitious, commercially-driven and eager to show what you can do, this is a great way to launch your career in logistics.
Over our 125 year history, Kuehne + Nagel has evolved from a traditional international freight forwarder to a leading global provider of innovative and fully integrated supply chain solutions, with a global team of over 70,000 people working in more than 120 countries.
If it needs transporting, we can take it. Safely, securely and on time. Whatever it is. Whoever it’s for. Wherever and whenever they need it. To do that we use the best equipment, the latest systems and employ the most talented people. People like you.
- This is a UK graduate programme with rotational placements across a variety of our sites so candidates must be fully mobile and open to rotations across the UK
- We’re looking for candidates with strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- A full UK driving licence and access to transport are also essential as you will be often travelling between site locations and development workshops.
Qualifications and experience requirements
Candidates must have achieved (or expect to achieve) a 2:2 or higher in their degree, plus five GCSEs Grade A-C (including English and maths) or equivalent.
Accepted degree subjects
welcome bonus of £500 and a performance related pay review after 12 months.
East Midlands · East of England · London · North East England · North West England · Northern Ireland · Scotland · South East England · South West England · West Midlands · Yorkshire and the Humber
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Two
Closing date: 29/10/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 29/10/2017