The ACA Trainee opportunity is ideal for someone looking to progress their studies and undertake their ACA qualification while working in an award-winning Accountancy practice.
Key tasks (not exhaustive)
- Assists in the preparation of accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders.
- Works within budgets set at the planning stage.
- Working with other team members to prepare accounts.
- Ensures the efficient use of appropriate software packages internally and supporting clients’ accounting systems.
- Maintains up to date understanding of clients business.
- Maintains good working relationships with client staff.
- Is aware of the wide range of Larking Gowen services and spots opportunities to potentially sell those services to clients.
- Takes an active role in business development, and promoting the firm in the local area.
- Consistently achieves deadlines and understands the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service.
- Communicates workload with manager or partner.
- Attends training courses as identified in order to develop both technical and personal skills and keeps records for compliance purposes.
In return you will have support to establish your career with MHA Larking Gowen at a pace that suits you both personally and professionally.
Here are just some of the other benefits we offer:
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, pension salary exchange, holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, on-line benefits platform with healthcare, retail and leisure offers and discounts
- Regular sports and social events and team activities
- Award winning wellbeing programme that includes charity events, dress down days, holistic therapies, pension investment advice, monthly wellbeing newsletter, webinars and dedicated wellbeing champions at every office
- Employee Assistance Programme providing advice, support and counselling services
We know that benefits are important and can be personal so feel free to ask us what we can offer you.
What we are looking for
- Great at organising people, tasks and workload
- Adaptable and tenacious when working towards a solution
- A good collaborator and develop relationships with people at all levels of the firm and with external training and service providers
- A strong multitasker able to manage a number of different tasks to completion in a timely manner
- An excellent administrator and able to observe a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Ideally you will also be competent is of using Microsoft packages, internet, email and computerised accounts packages
Ideally you’ll have ccompleted a degree or a professional qualification such as AAT, as well as have maths and English language at GCSE or equivalent.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- South East England
An award winning multi-faceted benefits scheme. A market-leading training programme. Full details on our website.
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Come along to our Virtual open evening on Wednesday 25th November 2020 where we’ll offer insight into the profession and why you should make MHA Larking Gowen your career choice.
You'll have the opportunity to meet our employees and find out what it's really like to work with us - Register here
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 11 December 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 11 December 2020