Are you creative, open-minded and have a thirst for travel? Ready for a year’s adventure working and living in one of the world’s most exciting and dynamic countries?
At Larus Teaching, we match the right people with the right schools, and provide our teachers with a wonderfully authentic teaching experience in China’s beautiful Hunan Province. As former English teachers in China ourselves, we understand what is involved in creating an unforgettable English teaching adventure. You will typically teach for just 10-20 hours per week plus a few additional hours each week for lesson planning, leaving plenty of time in between for learning Chinese, exploring the country and trying new things. Your contract with the school will be for two semesters, from September to July, including paid holidays around halfway through.
Boost your CV
Overall, spending a year as a teacher in China has something for everyone. Not only will you add priceless experiences to your CV, it's often a life-changing experience and one that'll stay with you in whatever you decide to do afterwards, with invaluable contacts gained along the way. Our teachers find they gain an international outlook, the ability to talk in front of large groups, and a thousand interesting stories to tell.
What we offer
- A competitive salary that will allow you to live comfortably in China
- Free accommodation (private apartment)
- Reimbursed return flight tickets
- TEFL training and certification
- Orientation week upon arrival in China, coordinated by our friendly and highly-experienced team
- Numerous national holidays to facilitate travel and exploration
Starting in September.
What we are looking for
- Educated to degree level in any subject
- Completed or due to complete undergraduate studies by end of spring semester 2018
- Some teaching experience would be beneficial but is not necessary as we provide full TEFL training and certification during our orientation week
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
We are currently recruiting for the 2018/19 academic year. You can register your interest and apply today by sending a CV and cover letter via the Apply button.
For more info and to see the stories of a selection of our current and past teachers vist out website.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details