We are seeking to recruit a creative thinker with the business mind-set and entrepreneurial spirit that will represent and grow the business. Joining us at the start of our journey will enable you to establish our reputation as the ‘go-to’ laundry service of the future. The position is full-time and remote (i.e. work from home or wherever you choose).
Work directly with the Company Director. You will undertake marketing to establish the business and provide solutions for (not sell to) potential customers. Your role will grow and develop as does the business.
Your duties and responsibilities
- Regularly meet, communicate and feedback to Company Director
- Establishing and generating new business, via the use of a variety of techniques (including sales funnels)
- Undertake and utilise market research with university students and other millennial groups to inform marketing and sales strategies and to evaluate customer need
- Create and present business pitches in a professional and comprehensive manner
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person, via telephone and social media
- Initiate communication (via cold calling, face-to-face networking or social media) with potential customers/influencers to prospect for new business
- Negotiate on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- Represent Laundered Linen at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Plan, develop, implement and measure marketing, communication and public relations activities
- Develop and oversee campaigns to promote Laundered Linen products and services
- Day-to-day management of the Laundered Linen website to ensure that the content is up-to-date. In addition, writing and publishing new content
- Create marketing and sales content (e.g. blog posts and articles) for the Laundered Linen website and social media
- Manage all social media channels – which will include (but is not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Analyse social media data usage (using tools such as google analytics). Plan an appropriate course of action in relation to data.
- Have or have the capacity to develop a broad understanding of SEO practices
- Create and issue press releases for local and national media
- Form Key relationships with influencers across all relevant social media platform.
- Remote working
- Great holiday scheme
- Imaginative reward and recognition scheme
- Extensive support to grow and develop your skill set
- Ongoing training that fits the business ethos
- Being part of a creative, happy and high energy work environment
Laundered Linen is the best in its field, it will therefore expect only the best of its team. The Business Development executive is a vital aspect of the business and will have the following attributes:
- Forward thinker – you will always be a step ahead of the crowd. You will be able to visualise and plan for future growth.
- Intrinsically motivated – must be able to work independently and on your own initiative
- Flexible - be mindful that success is the only option. Being able to change course if success criteria is not met
- Audacious in nature – you will be bold in decision making.
- Resourceful – you’ll have a desire to always be first and will work out the route to the winning post. You are able to work to deadlines on or below budget.
- Resilient – be able to turn failures and knock backs inside out. You’ll be willing to challenge with humility.
- Risk taker – be able to make calculated risks
- Decision maker – make informed, independent decisions and recommendations
- Excellent communicator – exemplary written and verbal skills. Ability to proof read and edit.
- You will be comfortable sharing critical feedback and receiving it. You will also take a systematic approach to working remotely.
Accepted degree subjects
marketing and advertising studies · business and management studies · media studies and publishing
(subject to successful completion of probationary)
How to apply
Number of vacancies: One
Please be aware that you will not be able to save this application form and go back at a later date. It would therefore be a good idea to prepare your answers ahead of time and paste them in. We're not here to catch you out so, here are some of the things you should know about: upload CV and upload a short video (not compulsory of course).
Closing date: 29/10/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 29/10/2017