Le Repertoire de Gaspard is offering 100 childminder opportunities for English speakers in Paris on a full-time basis.
Our full-time opportunities are known as the CAP Early Years Childcare Diploma and consists of a paid study component as well as paid part-time work.
As part of the CAP Diploma program you can expect to:
- Start the 10 month course in late August 2019 (you work during the school term and get to take the school holidays off)
- Educate French children in English
- Attend free French lessons run by an accredited Alliance Française teacher and tailored by level
- Earn a paid and recognised childcare certification (ages 0 to 6) through the Paris Institute of Childcare Training (also part of Le Répertoire de Gaspard)
What will a normal week look like?
- Attending a variety of childcare classes during daytime hours at our training centre the Paris Institute of Childcare Training
- Approximately 20 to 22 hours a week working with a family to help their child/ren learn English. (There is not usually weekend work)
- Work placements in an international pre-school or creche
We pay you for each of these three elements.
Tasks for the family work (two) include school pick-ups, games and conversation in English, homework support, using the agency's methodology to teach English, meal preparation and sometimes giving baths to our younger children.
Pay and benefits:
- Around 1,100 Euros net per month from September to June inclusive.* Holidays off during French school holidays (eight weeks from September to June). You will receive the same salary every month, even when you have two weeks off for holidays. If the family asks for additional hours during school holidays, you will be paid extra for this
- Contracted job
- Free French lessons tailored by level
- Free French cooking classes
- Pack of materials for the job and training
- Support finding accommodation
- Help with French administration
- Advice on setting up a bank account, getting a phone, insurance, accommodation, medical assistance, etc.
- 50 percent of your monthly transport costs reimbursed
- Access to our sporting and social events
- Opportunity to join free French cooking classes each week
Note - if your university has the Erasmus Charter, you can potentially earn an additional 430 euros a month on top of the salary we offer (please check with your university about this).
What we are looking for
- Love working with children
- Have relevant childcare experience (babysitting/teaching/Summer camps etc) with at least two references
- Have valid working papers for France (EU citizen or have a working visa)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have previous childcare experience
- Some French is useful but not essential – more to aid you in your day-to-day life here
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Interested or want more info? Why not send your CV and references via the apply button or fill out the application form on our website.
Don't hesitate to like our Facebook page and Instagram account to see what we are all about.
Visit our website for more information.
Please send us your CV today by replying to this advert.
Interviews will take place via Skype or Whatsapp in the first instance and successful candidates will then be invited to the office near the Champs-Elysses for face-to-face interviews.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 24 June 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 24 June 2019