Le Repertoire de Gaspard is offering 100 work/live/study opportunities for English speakers in Paris, France on a full-time basis.
We are an English childcare services agency and run a 10-month work/live/study programme annually from late August in Paris.
The programme consists of :
- Studying at the Paris Institute of Childcare Training to gain a diploma in early years childcare known as the CAP Petit Enfance
- Working both with families to help their children improve their English language skills and in international pre-schools and crèches to put your study experience into practise
- Living in Paris to enjoy this new experience with all-year round support in terms of your well- being and integration into a new culture and language
It’s entirely free to you, we pay you for the equivalent of 35 hours a week of work including holiday pay.
What will a normal week look like?
- Attending a variety of childcare classes during daytime hours at our training centre the Paris Institute of Childcare Training
- Approximately 20 to 22 hours a week working with a family to help their child/ren learn English. (no weekend work). This part of the work is like being a babysitter for a family as well as tutoring the children.
- Work placements in an international pre-school or creche
We pay you for each of the above three elements.
Tasks for the family work (2) include school pick-ups, games and conversation in English, homework support, using the agency's methodology to teach English, meal preparation and sometimes giving baths to our younger children.
Pay and benefits
- Earn from 1000 to 1400 euros per month net(note the salary remains the same even if the month includes school holidays which are every six to seven weeks in France – final salary will depend on how many hours per week you will work with the family)
- Contracted job
- Free French lessons tailored by level and run by an accredited Alliance Francaise teacher
- Free French cooking classes
- Pack of materials for the job and training
- Support finding accommodation
- Help with French administration (social security, CAF, taxes and much more!)
- Advice on setting up a bank account, getting a phone, insurance, accommodation, medical assistance, etc.
- 50 percent of your monthly transport costs reimbursed
- Access to our sporting and social events
- Earn a paid and recognised childcare certification (ages 0 to six)
Note - if your university has the Erasmus Charter, you can potentially earn an additional 430 euros a month on top of the salary we offer (please check with your university about this).
What we are looking for
- Love working with children
- Have relevant childcare experience (babysitting/nanny or au pair/teaching/Summer camps etc) with at least two references
- Valid working papers for France (EU citizen OR have a working visa)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Some French is useful but not essential – more to aid you in your day-to-day life here
- Previous childcare experience
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
Free French lessons, administration and accommodation support, part transport costs, recognised diploma, holiday pay,
How to apply
Interested or want more info? Please send us your CV via the Apply button, quoting PROSPECTS2020 in the subject line.
Don't hesitate to like our Facebook page and Instagram account to see what we are all about.
Click Apply to start your application now.
Closing date: We advise you apply before to increase your chances
Interviews will take place via Skype or Whatsapp in the first instance and successful candidates will then be invited to the office near the Champs-Elysses for face-to-face interviews.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 4 May 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 May 2020