Our construction business has been continuously operating in the UK since 1885. Today we are an industry leader and have delivered some of the world’s most exciting and iconic buildings, including the London Olympic Village, Bluewater and Trafford Shopping Centres, Canary Wharf and The Lloyds Building.
We are known for our ability to deliver high-quality projects on time and on budget. And importantly, we are committed to operating incident and injury free wherever we have a presence. Join us and you will work on projects in a variety of sectors, including commercial, residential, retail and urban regeneration in one of three roles:
- As an Assistant Construction Manager you will have responsibility for the day-to-day management of all activities on site. Your first consideration will be the safety of everyone who may be affected by our operations.
- As an Assistant Project Manager you will help to plan and deliver the strategy to ensure project success. You will assist in determining the sequence of operations and the procurement strategy that will lead to the most efficient operations on site.
- As an Assistant Commercial Manager you will have responsibility for aspects of the contracts under which we operate. You will assist in controlling the payments we make to our contractors and the submissions for payments that we receive from our clients.
Over the two years of the graduate programme you will not only develop a wide range of skills and experience across all stages of the construction process, you will also establish a network of colleagues that will stay with you as your career progresses.
Construction is a team game and nothing beats the spirit created by working with a group of professional and highly motivated peers to deliver an outstanding outcome. Our teams are united by a shared vision of creating the best places and leaving a positive legacy.
With responsibility comes reward. You will join us on a competitive salary of £29,221 including a car allowance, sponsorship to achieve professional qualifications and chartered status, private medical insurance, an industry-leading pension and a flexible benefits scheme that allows you to shape your own package.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A minimum 2:2 classification in a built environment, real estate or project management related degree is preferred. Other degrees with relevant industry experience will be considered.
- Some relevant and demonstrable work experience.
Accepted degree subjects
civil engineering and construction
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
It’s easy. The ‘apply’ button below will take you to our graduate webpage and you’ll find the link to our online application form under ‘How to apply’. You will be asked to provide some basic information and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter. As a tip, tailor your covering letter to Lendlease. It should highlight why you are a great fit for us and why we are a great fit for you. This should be no more than a page and please feel free to use bullet points. The next stage will be a video interview followed by an assessment center.
There are two deadlines to submit your online application. If you do not meet the first you will automatically be considered within the second deadline. To minimise disappointment, we advise that you apply sooner rather than later.
- 1st deadline: 21 November 2016 (for assessment centres in early December)
- 2nd deadline: 13 February 2017 (for assessment centres in late February/early March)
Closing date: 13/02/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 13/02/2017