Looking for a great start to your career in technology, earning and learning on a professionally accredited, award winning scheme?
We are looking to recruit the technical and business experts of the future through our nationally recognised, award winning Apprenticeship Programmes.
The two year Business Apprenticeship scheme provides a variety of experiences through placements in business related disciplines. Placements available include commercial, finance, resourcing, procurement, manufacturing and supply chain, project planning/support and logistics. Final position will be within our project management group within the Advanced Targeting Sector in Edinburgh.
You will study to completion of the Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Business and required core skills on a day release basis, as well as undertaking the Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) Level 3 in business and administration whilst you are at work.
To assist in the project management of set tasks and small projects achieving the successful delivery of a solution that is compliant with customer, contractual and legislative requirements. Provide support and assistance to a Project Manager for the effective planning and management of team performance, project schedule and cost and quality for allocated work packages.
- Support the project manager with co-coordination for the activities of the IPT by establishing appropriate communication mechanisms, including meetings and reporting requirements.
- Support the Project Manager with respect to planning, allocation and deployment of team members and workload.
- Provide support and assistance with monitoring and control of all activities and costs, defining and implementing corrective (or “recovery”) actions required to tackle any deviations from the planned activities.
- Provide support and assistance with organisation and coordination of internal phase reviews, customer reviews and supplier reviews and manage all resultant actions to closure.
- Provide support and assistance with establishment and maintenance of Internal/ external customer Satisfaction by developing and maintaining relationships with the customer community throughout the entire lifecycle of the Project.
- Establish an effective partnership between the project and the functions.
If you are willing to challenge yourself, to stretch your boundaries, to apply your mind to the solution of challenging problems, join one of our accredited apprentice programmes and ensure you give yourself the best foundation for your technical or business career. You will be learning while working alongside the people that create cutting edge technology for a worldwide market.
What do we need from you
Two Higher Grades:
- Mandatory: (A-C) mathematics OR (A-C) English
- Mandatory: (A-C) business subject (examples; business studies, project/business management, finance, accounts etc.)
Two Standard Grades / National 5:
- Mandatory: (1-2) English and maths (or equivalent qualifications to Highers/Standard Grades).
- Have a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK
- Successfully complete SC security clearance
What’s in it for you?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- Three performance related pay reviews in the two years following your apprenticeship
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (contributory)
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities. You will be working in an office environment and will be using Display Screen Equipment. There may also be opportunities to occasionally travel between the different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented people who want to work at the forefront of our technology. Across our technical, engineering and business functions you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
In delivering against these challenges, people are our greatest asset and as a Leonardo Apprentice you will broaden your horizons to a diverse range of possibilities. You will be learning while working alongside design, development, manufacturing, test and delivery and business support teams to create this cutting edge technology for a worldwide market.
Edinburgh · Scotland
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018