Leonardo - Engineering the Future
Looking for a great start to your career in technology, earning and learning on a professionally accredited, award winning scheme?
We are looking to recruit the technical and business experts of the future through our nationally recognised, award winning Apprenticeship Programmes.
Join the successful Leonardo Enterprise Security team for a diverse apprenticeship in the fields of Systems Engineering and Cyber Security. Successful candidates will be trained in ICT, systems engineering, and Cyber Security process and technology. We are looking to recruit the Cyber Security Engineers of the future through our nationally recognised Apprenticeship Programme. Our teams of expert and passionate professionals are responsible for developing equipment and systems that provide:
- Armed forces with the situational awareness to deliver operational effectiveness and return home safely.
- Emergency services with the tools to communicate and collaborate in order to rescue those in peril on land or in the sea
- Security teams with the means to identify track and protect against threats to our critical national infrastructure and way of life
- International space programmes with ability to understand more about our planet and the very fabric of our universe
Our customers’ operational requirements continually evolve and therefore demand cutting-edge technology combined with a performance and reliability that is unsurpassed. To deliver against these challenges, we are looking to work with those individuals who are striving to fully realise their potential and in doing so, make a difference to the world in which they live.
As an Engineer Apprentice you will gain experience in all aspects of systems development from capturing customer requirements, system design, implementation, and technical support and maintenance of existing solutions. Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
Installation, Build, and Configuration - You will be responsible for installing IT equipment into racks, cabling solutions according to their specification, and configuring software, networking equipment and other IT devices.
- Test and Acceptance - You will be responsible for designing and executing tests to demonstrate that the developed solutions meet the customers’ requirements and are fit for purpose.
- Analysing Change Requests – You will be responsible for assessing IT Change Requests to existing solutions and designing solutions to meet the need.
- ICT Technical Support - You will be responsible for maintaining the ICT infrastructure and security devices of in-service solutions. This will include carrying out regular system health checks, applying operating system and application security patches and capability upgrades, troubleshooting system incidents to identify faults and resolve problems, and participating in service improvement initiatives.
You will undertake a variety of different roles throughout your apprenticeship gaining experience across the system development lifecycle with practical hands-on experience with a wide range of technologies. By the end of the apprenticeship you will have progressed through the necessary theoretical examinations and continuous practical assessment leading you to a Higher Professional Diploma in IT or Cyber Security Technology and a Level 4 vocational award.
What do we need from you?
- You must have (as a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Five x GCSE grade A* - C, to include English and maths or equivalents
- Have a minimum of five years permanent residency in the UK
- Successfully complete SC security clearance
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- Three performance related pay reviews in the two years following your apprenticeship
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities in an office based environment. There may also be opportunities to travel between the different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may have the opportunity to travel.
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented people who want to work at the forefront of our technology. Across our technical, engineering and business functions you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
In delivering against these challenges, people are our greatest asset and as a Leonardo Apprentice you will broaden your horizons to a diverse range of possibilities. You will be learning while working alongside design, development, manufacturing, test and delivery and business support teams to create this cutting edge technology for a worldwide market.
If you are willing to challenge yourself, to stretch your boundaries, to apply your mind to the solution of challenging problems, join one of our accredited apprentice programmes and ensure you give yourself the best foundation for your technical or business career. You will be learning while working alongside the people that create cutting edge technology for a worldwide market.
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018